Coopers Community

FAVOURITE OUTBACK PUBS

Classic Brewing Co

Hey Guys,

Have you got any favourite Outback Pubs, in my travels across OZ selling Stubby Coolers I had the opportunity to call on lots & lots of pubs & I have always been a bit of a photographer so here's just one of many of the drinking holes I visited. The town of Byrock  NSW is 50km from Bourke just down from the QLD border( 1097km from Adelaide ) they even have parking metres out the front - donations go to the Royal Flying Doctor.

I have many photos & memories of these bush pubs. 🍺

Mulga Creek 3.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Yes some of the pubs are in strange places, I have been to Tasmania, but not there. Cheers.

As Molly Meldrum would say "Do yourself a favour" - - - and get out there, it's not just the pubs as such, it's the legends you meet who drink there. Cheers

I agree, they are pretty much all a good bunch, had beers with lots of them !!

Another of my favourites is the Silverton Hotel, it's on the market for 2 Million 💸 I took this photo with the Mad Max Car ( centre ) mine on the right.

And here I am in Tibooburra 54 km from the QLD border ... I could go on, so many good times.

Cheers

Phil

SILVERTON.jpg

TIBOOBURRA.jpg

• Like 1

Now called The Mount Pleasant Hotel, formerly The Talunga, about an hour from Adelaide in Mount Pleasant.
It's not so much it was such a great pub but it holds memories of hot Saturdays playing golf at the nearby course and quenching the thirst and checking all our TAB tickets after the round with great mates, some no longer with us.

1200px-Mt_Pleasant_(Talunga)_Hotel_Motel,_Mt_Pleasant.jpg

• Like 2

No Mate, Full Time Self Employed, I get the sales, take photos, do the graphics & present a design layout to the client, once approved it gets emailed to the printer & sent direct to the client anywhere in Australia. I don't think we are allowed to promote ourselves on this forum but also Bar Mats & other Pub related items.

I am retired now but still get lots of repeat orders & enquires/referrals from all over.

It was like being on holidays all of the time only getting paid for it.  

Home Brewing ( albeit ) extract & fairly basic procedures is very rewarding as it helps fill the time as I was pretty much on the road all the time. Now I can drink & not drive 😜 🍺

With the Covid situation, Hotel closures, travel restrictions & now strained budgets it would take a while to get back to normal.

If you look closer at the things on the bar you might see something I did.

Cheers

Phil

129959469_10224513192035466_3301120413918285060_o.jpg

• Like 2

By the way, you are probably a gun golfer maybe playing off scratch hoping to win your PGA card, but I managed to get my handicap down to 13 years ago.

I started losing interest & decided to crank up my Darts career as I was selling Darts & 8-Ball equipment all over Australia in years to come.

And playing & hustling in Pubs as you do. 

This would have to be my favourite.  The Franklin in Cowell South Aus. Great spot for a beer while picking up the best oysters in the world. Sit outside and watch the oyster boats come in. We've gotten to know the publican. He shouts us beers and we shout him. Pig on the spit every Wednesday. 

images.jpeg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

By the way, you are probably a gun golfer maybe playing off scratch hoping to win your PGA card, but I managed to get my handicap down to 13 years ago.

I started losing interest & decided to crank up my Darts career as I was selling Darts & 8-Ball equipment all over Australia in years to come.

And playing & hustling in Pubs as you do. 

I was a Saturday arvo hacker, didn't have an official handicap. My best round at Mt Pleasant was a 91 but most of the time I hit high 90s to low 100s. Have hardly played over the last 10 years. A couple of mates died, a couple moved interstate, a couple had joint replacements and stopped playing, so I gave it away too. I didn't really play for the sport but more for the company of friends.

I understand, I wasn't taking the .... just mucking around, I started off when I was a kid because my old man was the greensman & also looked after the Bowls Club greens so I guess I was destined to have a crack, I enjoyed it, did well & then moved away & lost interest, It is sad to lose mates, so I know what you mean. It is also important to have good friends.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

@CLASSIC yeah it was mine. Went out there for a drive the other week. Had a steak sanga and a couple of frothies. Im Working up at Cobar at the moment so thought I'd head out there for a look on my day off.

Yeah plenty of good pubs. I'd love to cruise around Australia one year doing a pub cruise haha 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Coopernator83 said:

Tilpa pub is a good one on the darling river in outback nsw. You can write your name on the pub wall for a gold coin donation to the RFDS. 

Was just about to post both Tilpa pub and Louth Pub but you beat me to it.

Called into both on my way back from Cairns in 2018.  Decided to take the rough Darling river run from Bourke down to Wentworth with the off-road caravan I just finished building to test it out.

The van is called the "Taj Mah AL"  (after me of course) 😁.  That's it in the pic in front of the Tilpa pub.

Second lot of pics (without names on everything) are inside the Louth Pub.  Excuse the crappy pics as I was too lazy to get the good camera out and just used an old iPhone.

Cheers - AL

The TAJ at Tilpa pub resized.jpg

Tilpa Pub 1 resized.jpg

Tilpa Pub 2 resized.jpg

Tilpa Pub 3 resized.jpg

Tilpa Pub 4 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 1 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 2 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 3 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 4 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 5 resized.jpg

Louth Pub 6 resized.jpg