Coopers Community

PUT YER FACE TO YOUR NAME

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I for one will be deleting all my posts made this afternoon on this thread, suggest we all clean up so no trace tomorrow and bring it back on topic hey?

Maybe let @Coopers DIY Beer Teamdo it so Jamie's posts go as well. Would be a bit unfair to leave his sitting there for all to see without the responses.

• Like 1

FB_IMG_1428737626589.thumb.jpg.a686b969214d3adf19be72354dfc6c87.jpg

This one of my favourites of my ugly self  and my nephew.

I will never forget this day  we was standing in a carpark in Devonport in tassie on the last day of a visit back home
we just finished a couple of beers at an irish pub  before having to say  goodbye to my family.

my folks had just started to pull out of the car park and they came to grinding hault   and i thought whats up with dad to do that

next minute my newphew jumps out the car  and sprints as fast he could and grabs me and decided he didnt want me to go just hugged me   telling  i cant go and he wanted me to stay.

eventually he understood as to why i had to depart

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil you not only one who is not a super model mate. look at this tired beat up bloke just taken now with my eclipse pale ale from keg. This is my ugly mug everyone done my 3 months ban and got parole.

20211201_191708.jpg

Nice fermentation fridge @jamiek86 4 doors 4 fermenters at a time you lucky bugga

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

Nice fermentation fridge @jamiek86 4 doors 4 fermenters at a time you lucky bugga

nah mate that's the family fridge and freezer Is another one right side of where pic is just for drinks. then got the keggerator and 2 old brew fridges in shed. but one currently has a bad cord I stepped on and won't work without risking electrocution or burning the shed down so down to 1 for fermenting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil you not only one who is not a super model mate. look at this tired beat up bloke just taken now with my eclipse pale ale from keg. This is my ugly mug everyone done my 3 months ban and got parole.

20211201_191708.jpg

Welcome back mate! Why banned?

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

Could'a been worserer. He might have gone for a Fosters clone or even a Southwark! 

Welcome back Jaime! 

Fosters was my favourite beer when started drinking not sure why they changed recepie and watered it to 4%

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

Fosters was my favourite beer when started drinking not sure why they changed recepie and watered it to 4%

I agree. Fosters was a nice drop years ago. Used to be around 4.6%  they ruined it bringing it down to 4% and changing the recipe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I agree. Fosters was a nice drop years ago. Used to be around 4.6%  they ruined it bringing it down to 4% and changing the 

yes im not sure if it was ever 4.9 but remember was a nice crisp mainstream lager when I was a teenager and my cousin used to buy it for me. It was getting harder to find though and by time I turned 18 it went away then came back years later different 

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

$$$$$$$$$$ is why!

yes we see it everywhere and wonder why brew your own on the rise

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I agree. Fosters was a nice drop years ago. Used to be around 4.6%  they ruined it bringing it down to 4% and changing the recipe. 

They did the same with VB. The plan was to drop the ABV to save $20 million a year on booze tax. They saved on their tax bill but lost massive sales dollars and market leadership in the process when many of their loyal VB drinkers bailed for other brands.

19 hours ago, Pale Man said:

like the old vb they changed that recipe and nearly sent c.u.b broke by changing the vb recipe and not sure wether  they will get the vb drinkers back (which is a good thing lol)

but the  old saying dont change a thing if its not broke 

44 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

like the old vb they changed that recipe and nearly sent c.u.b broke by changing the vb recipe and not sure wether  they will get the vb drinkers back (which is a good thing lol)

but the  old saying dont change a thing if its not broke 

They changed the recipe a few years ago for VB and went down to 4.6% abv. Then after a lot of protest, they went back to the old recipe and 4.9%. And definitely winning back drinkers, including me.

Victoria Bitter boosts alcohol levels as recipe changes backfire (beveragedaily.com)

VB Is Going Back To Full Strength (pedestrian.tv)