Coopers Community

PUT YER FACE TO YOUR NAME

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A mate and I at Fuller's Brewery London circa 2017. I'm the guy on the left in the photo. Notice my glass is empty - my mates slow on the uptake.

Good One @Mickep

Was it was your mate's shout ? I have a mate that hangs back, he seems to drink awful slow when it's his next shout but when it's mine, whoosh down it goes. 🍻

https://aso.gov.au/titles/features/theyre-weird-mob/clip1/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well I started this post so here is a very bad photo taken at the races in 2013, I don't bet but I was on the 'hunt', this was a fashion contest I got talked into by a damsel (not pictured) we had a good day & a good night 😜

You will have to guess which one is me.  I got a bit sunburnt too.

PHIL AT THE RACES (2).jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good One @Mickep

Was it was your mate's shout ? I have a mate that hangs back, he seems to drink awful slow when it's his next shout but when it's mine, whoosh down it goes. 🍻

Thats funny  ,  i have watch they're a weird mob and read the book several times and just revisited  the movie over the weekend on netflix

one of my favourite parts that clip when he went in for beer

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good One @Mickep

Phil, this mate is okay but I sure know what you mean. We all have one of those friends. There's another bloke who might join me and the mate for a sip who always tries to miss out on his shout -  if it's not on a toilet run, or got to leave the pub come his second round, he almost always misses the first buy as well. We reckon he waits outside until he knows the first round is about to be ordered. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Phil, this mate is okay but I sure know what you mean. We all have one of those friends. There's another bloke who might join me and the mate for a sip who always tries to miss out on his shout -  if it's not on a toilet run, or got to leave the pub come his second round, he almost always misses the first buy as well. We reckon he waits outside until he knows the first round is about to be ordered. 😂

Yeah there is the bloke that has only got enough for 1 or 2 but he came with you & you feel like 4 or 5.

Another gets a phone call especially if there is a group & he has deliberately placed himself on the end suggesting he has the last shout but alas he is artfully called to the phone & tells the group, sorry I have to go, they are the types you want to pick up the first round. 

The list goes on but I say if you cannot afford to buy a drink, don't go to the Pub.

• Haha 2

Top ten ways to avoid buying a round:

1. Drink slowly when it’s your turn so someone else buys the drinks
2. Hold the door open to let the group in so you were at the back when you get to the bar
3. Go to the toilet when it is your round
4. Buy a round as early as possible in the night to avoid expensive rounds of shots later on
5. Pretend to have an important phone call when it is your turn to buy a round
6. Pretend to forgot your wallet
7. Wait until last in the hope people have gone home when it gets to your turn
8. Go out for a cigarette when it is your turn
9. Said you had to go as it was approaching your turn
10. Talk about how skint you are to make your friends feel guilty about asking

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Top ten ways to avoid buying a round:

1. Drink slowly when it’s your turn so someone else buys the drinks
2. Hold the door open to let the group in so you were at the back when you get to the bar
3. Go to the toilet when it is your round
4. Buy a round as early as possible in the night to avoid expensive rounds of shots later on
5. Pretend to have an important phone call when it is your turn to buy a round
6. Pretend to forgot your wallet
7. Wait until last in the hope people have gone home when it gets to your turn
8. Go out for a cigarette when it is your turn
9. Said you had to go as it was approaching your turn
10. Talk about how skint you are to make your friends feel guilty about asking

I must be a mean busterd - in our group, a bloke got ONE shot at that. If he tried any of those again nobody would drink with him. Sometimes it was direct - "No, not buying you one" or "YOU buy this time seeing you missed out last time" and sometimes it was just his drink never got ordered.

Best part of the 'Weird Mob' clip was 4 bob for 2 schooners! 😄

1 minute ago, Journeyman said:

I must be a mean busterd - in our group, a bloke got ONE shot at that. If he tried any of those again nobody would drink with him. Sometimes it was direct - "No, not buying you one" or "YOU buy this time seeing you missed out last time" and sometimes it was just his drink never got ordered.

Best part of the 'Weird Mob' clip was 4 bob for 2 schooners! 😄

Yeah there a few tightbottom fellows out there, we have one guy, really good mate but he won't drink Pints, only schooners.

For the benefit of our much loved over the border folk, this is South Ozzie banter.

He has normally finished his drink before us & usually says I will just go Dutch this round & one of us will buy & he ends up with more beer on the bar than us. Upon realising this he normally says 'I will just buy my own' & consequently always seems to end up with a few free beers because we all fell guilty watching him fork out for 3-4 Pints.

Ther'e a Weird Mob is one of my favourite Aussie movies & I agree 1966 would have been a good time for a session ( on todays wages )

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

read the book several times

Tis a festive book and if my memory serves me correct the pen name ol nino colutta? was actually an irishmen WGAF it is a cracking tale and captures a time in our aussie history ; )

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Tis a festive book and if my memory serves me correct the pen name ol nino colutta? was actually an irishmen WGAF it is a cracking tale and captures a time in our aussie history ; )

exactly  at times i wish the modern day time could go back to some of those days
whats emulated in that movie

• Like 1

Just now, Graubart said:

Spot on Graubster, there are so many decent Aussie films, I particularly like going through Netflix & YouTube archives to find them.

All the classics such as Jack Thompson's & a whole lot of other actors, some past, they are all there & if you notice they aren't all martial art experts carrying heavy weaponry blasting each other up, all good clean fun. Just like Grandma use to bake 🤣

All the violence, drugs ( don't mind the other ) is totally unnecessary, plus they show the good old places in OZ that we have been to & know, well some of them. A lot of them have been re-mastered for Hi def telly & it is a delight to see them. Bring it on.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

All the classics

I am a big supporter of

1. The Castle

2. Crackerjack

3. The Nugget

4. The Club

And would be happy to be advised of similar festive Aussie films of similar ilk/genre? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Admin will have a busy day tomorrow deleting these posts.  Sorta getting off the subject of being mates with blokes talking about beer don't you think ?

I had to scroll all the way back up to find out what this was meant to be about.

Can anyone tell me where to find someone to drink with who looks like this? 😄 

depositphotos_167899492-stock-photo-oktoberfest-brunette-woman-holding-beer.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2