Coopers Community

Mr Beer Fermenter

rtotem1

Hello everyone i am new to this brewing, I bought a mister beer fermenter 2gal keg. I then went to store and bought a 1.7kg can  of coopers Real Ale mix.I put the whole 1.7kg in my 2gal fermenter lets it sit 2weeks  i than bottled it. I find it very strong and dark in bottles, is there anyway i can make the beer lighter ?  can i re ferment  the beer?  can i pour out of bottles and add water? please help me out.

Hi RTOEM1 Welcome to the forum, I recently bought a Mr Beer 15l beer kit. The fermenter is designed to brew 8.5 litres of craft beer which means you have to buy the Mr Beer cans extract which are 1.3kg which would explain your dark beer & strength.

There are a lot of more experienced brewers out than me & I am sure they will respond with some very helpful advice. 

You can order 1.3kg cans from Coopers online.

Good luck with your future brews.

Cheers

Phil

Unfortunately it sounds like you turned a tin that's meant to make 23 litres of beer into 7.5 litres. As for saving it ? Probably not. Guess it pays to read the instructions on the cans I guess. You pretty much made a 3 can real ale. 

Drink on or tip and try again with a Mr.Beer product or just under half a 1.7kg tin I guess. 

28 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hi RTOEM1 Welcome to the forum, I recently bought a Mr Beer 15l beer kit. The fermenter is designed to brew 8.5 litres of craft beer which means you have to buy the Mr Beer cans extract which are 1.3kg which would explain your dark beer & strength.

There are a lot of more experienced brewers out than me & I am sure they will respond with some very helpful advice. 

You can order 1.3kg cans from Coopers online.

Good luck with your future brews.

Cheers

Phil

He's using a completely different Mr.Beer bit of kit. He said he has the 2 Gal keg version seen below.

complete-amlager-kit.jpg

Yes I understand, a 2 gallon keg converts to 7.57092 litres although the  internet says 4.54609 Litres - 1 gallon, probably the difference between US & AUS.

Some of the older Mr Beer Kits that were available stated they make 2 gallons of beer which approximates to about 8-9 litres AUS.

Anyway I hope RTOEM1 gets it sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shamus i made a batch of real ale beer and when i went to bottle i did not  have enough bottle so i put beer from frementer into my clean mister beer keg and  add surgar now after a week the beer taste a little sweet when i drink it and very little carbon  what can i do to fix it?

18 hours ago, rtotem1 said:

Hello Shamus i made a batch of real ale beer and when i went to bottle i did not  have enough bottle so i put beer from frementer into my clean mister beer keg and  add surgar now after a week the beer taste a little sweet when i drink it and very little carbon  what can i do to fix it?

Hi, I am not sure what you have put the spare beer into.  If it is the brown plastic barrel thingy in the picture above, I do not think it is a pressure vessel.  Therefore, the beer will not carbonate in it.

Can you post a picture of what you put the beer in.  If it is a pressure vessel it

• might just need longer to secondary ferment and carbonate.  It usually takes 2 weeks at no less than 18°C (64°F).
  • might have too much air space to be able to pressurise enough to force the CO2 into bubbles in the beer.
  • might not be sealed.

but I am just guessing.