Coopers Community

Coopers Light Dry Malt Specs

iBooz2

Been inputting all my inventory into BeerSmith 3.1 with prices, EBU, potentials etc. when I got the Coopers DME.  On the box it shows 500g has a potential alcohol content 3.8% in 23 L - WTF.  Am I reading this right or is it a misprint ? So I can throw in some yeast and a hop tea bag and I will have a mid strength beer.

When looking at the IanH spreadsheet for comparison is shows a potential of 0.8 %.  Even in the same spreadsheet if I added to the above 500 g box a 1.7 kg can of APA it still only gives me a beer of 2.4%.

There is no EBC on the box so am presuming 2.6 here as per the spreadsheet.

What does other / your chosen brewing software say for this adjunct?

TIA

Coopers Light Dry Malt Packet.png

all of the above would be maximum potential after adding it with a 1.7kg tin after bottle conditioning i would say. every brew is different but sometimes I have only just got 4% with a kit and kilo of malt to 23 litres going by readings

Yep I hear you JK, I have never gotten anywhere near what Coopers quote in their recipes even when done exactly as per like I used to do way back.  I don't think many in here have gotten close either.  Bottle priming in my above example would still only get to 2.9% at best IMO.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1