Coopers Community

Hot Sauce

John E Miller

HABANERO CHILLI NECTRANE JAM

I make lots of hot sauces but here's one you can use with Cheese Plates/Cold Meats etc. It cab be as hot or mild/sweet as you like.

Ingredients
6-7 ripe nectarines, chopped but not peeled (about 4 1/2 cups chopped)
2 habanero peppers, de-stemmed and rough chopped, seeds and all
1 cup sugar
1 box powdered low or no sugar pectin (1.75 ounce)
Instructions
Put all the chopped nectarines and the chopped habanero peppers in a heavy pot or large saucepan. Add the sugar and 1/3 cup water. Stir to combine and heat on medium high heat until the mixture boils. Turn down the heat a bit and boil gently for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until the fruit has softened.
Use an immersion blender to partially puree the mixture. Be careful, as it is super hot. I like to leave the jam with a few chunks still left in it for a nice texture.
Put the jam back over medium heat and add the pectin. Stir well and bring back to a boil. Boil one minute longer.
Fill clean jars with the hot jam. If you are going to freeze the jam, leave 1/2 inch free at the top to allow for expansion as it freezes.
Cover and let the jams sit until they are at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.
Enjoy 

🌶️

HABANERO CHILLI JAM.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

Nice looking plant, good colour on the sauce.

I cannot get enough of Chilli no matter which way. This is HOT Chilli sauce made from home grown Habanero & Carolina Reaper. It will give you blisters.

Is has limited uses due to it's heat however as you know used correctly its a great addition to anything.

In case you are wondering my nickname is Commodore.

20180506_105359.jpg

• Like 1

I made a Mexican Cerveza last year & ground up some Cayenne Chillis about 7gm, after dry hopping I chucked it in a muslin bag & hoped for the best.

Weeks later at first tasting I thought I had just wasted 23l of beer, but after a couple of mouthfuls & numb tongue & lips, you sorta got used to it, only a few mates thought it was OK but not sure I would do it again without more research.

A lot of people muck about with coffee & honey etc, but I am not a fan, probably like most of us we are after the bitterness & hop kicks.

I will stick with putting chilli in my Con carne & beef jerky for now. Although I do lots of curries & stirfrys so always got chilli on hand.

As an aside I was trained in the use of Oleoresin Capsicum spray recently.
This involved a drect exposure followed by an obstacle course of sorts. 
Punches, kicks, batons, handcuffing then a radio.

Absolutely BRUTAL stuff.

• Haha 3

On 1/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, CLASSIC said:

Hi John,

Nice looking plant, good colour on the sauce.

I cannot get enough of Chilli no matter which way. This is HOT Chilli sauce made from home grown Habanero & Carolina Reaper. It will give you blisters.

Is has limited uses due to it's heat however as you know used correctly its a great addition to anything.

In case you are wondering my nickname is Commodore.

20180506_105359.jpg

Hey @CLASSIC you should of named it Johnny Cash Chilli Sauce 😂😂