Coopers Community

Beer festivals 2021 and beyond.

jamiek86

Hello all after all this covid stuff is over hopefully in this year sometime when government and companies have virtually twisted all our arms for a vaccine. Am thinking I really miss beer festivals and would be good for coopers club members to try and meet up. I'm sure alot of you have already done it but when lived in Melbourne I went to them down there. Since I moved to country I've been to High country hops in Beechworth and the Albury beer festival and really missed them last year. Hope we can all meet at some point and go to one when covid is done and dusted cheers all 🍻

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, jamiek86 said:

Hey JAMIEK86, I think it's a great idea for members to try & meet up, I am in Adelaide & one of our members GULLY tried to organise something similar a while ago but it did not eventuate.

With the risk of stealing his thunder I am about to post a similar idea to our metro & regional members as apart from being a smaller state, the distances between towns are not that great excepting remote/outback regions.

We are fortunate to have a few Coopers owned pubs, one of my favorites is   www.coopersalehousegeppscross.com.au 

It would be great to meet somewhere like that or similar for a meal & drinks, but then it's down to the old drink/drive thing. If a decent group could be formed that may offer a few alternatives. 

All the best with your meet up.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

yes we are all fairly spread out being on the Murray River it seems im a fair way from most of the regular posters on here. Either down in Melbourne or up near Sydney or Brisbane and a whole heap of local loyal to coopers Adelaide members. There might be a few events here and there that pop up that a few of us can make.  Before all the covid i usually went to the high country hops in Beechworth in march every year and the new albury beer festival sometime during the summer. They all obviously got cancelled last year and I can't remember if I ever went to the GABF in Melbourne but might be worth a look at for this year.

I was born in Berri SA ( Riverland ) I have been travelling the river for years in 3 states selling Stubby Holders etc,  also extensively in the Riverina & love it all.

I went to lots of Outback regions of course but the Mighty Murray is hard to beat, should mention the Bidgee as well. 

So lets see what 2021 has to offer & hope that some of us home brewers can catch up sometime. Even better now we are Trump Free. 😄

• Like 2