Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2021

Hairy

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

West Coast IPA - Fresh Wort Kit.

I just ordered one of these to give it a try, I think I have seen some posts regarding this brew, this is the info available so I will use my favourite US-05 & add some hops. Looking forward to trying one of these, probably go to 20l.

WEST COAST IPA Fresh Wort Kit

“Dank Pine, Grapefruit and Passionfruit”

This West Coast IPA packs a hop punch. All hop lovers need to get their hands on this amazing FWK

Current IBU: 50

Malts  Ale, Wheat, Crystal, Gladiator
Hops – Warrior, Centennial, Citra, Ahtanum
Dry Hop Suggestion – 100g Centennial, 100g Citra, 100g Ahtanum

Recommended Yeast – LalBrew BRY-97 West Coast, M44 US West Coast, Safale US-05

That sounds great.  Fresh Wort Kits are basically as good as all grain.  You will either be tempted to try all grain or, at the very least, you will want to explore what you can do with FWK's.  I think the epiphany will be like when you brewed the Australian Pale Ale ROTM and realised what amazing brews you could do.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That sounds great.  Fresh Wort Kits are basically as good as all grain.  You will either be tempted to try all grain or, at the very least, you will want to explore what you can do with FWK's.  I think the epiphany will be like when you brewed the Australian Pale Ale ROTM and realised what amazing brews you could do.

Cheers Shamus, your ability to compliment & inspire others is commendable, I appreciate your comments. Thank You.

I am looking forward to trying the FWK & as you say the ROTM with the grain addition was realisation that it will make better beers. I have added grain albiet small amounts to different brews & the result is always worth the effort.

I will see how this goes & maybe there could be a few changes to my brewing schedule.

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, DavidM said:

My first attempt at changing the ingredients 

1 Can of M J's Mexican Cerveza

500g BrewCraft brew-blend No. 15 (Half the recommend amount)

Hoping for a nice Clear Low Alcohol beer

For the Wife..

Bit over Two weeks in the bottle, Had a sample..

It's ok, might be a bit fresh.

Wife loves it, she's drinking it now, not waiting! 

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 6:08 PM, Tone boy said:

Warming up so time for a Summer Ale. Made it last year and it was very yummy. Bring on Summer…

Hey TB, ya just gotta throw 30 - 50 g dry hop of Galaxy at your brew about BD+3 or 4.  Ya just gotta.

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:33 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am looking forward to trying the FWK & as you say the ROTM with the grain addition was realisation that it will make better beers. I have added grain albiet small amounts to different brews & the result is always worth the effort.

I will see how this goes & maybe there could be a few changes to my brewing schedule.

Do I hear the sounds of finger nails and ice picks making some desperate last minute life saving scrapping noises as you slide off down into the crevasse of AG brewing.  Surely not.

Hang in/on there @Classic Brewing Co your beers may just get a FWKing lot better. ha ha😁

Look forward to your tasting notes and pic report matey.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey TB, ya just gotta throw 30 - 50 g dry hop of Galaxy at your brew about BD+3 or 4.  Ya just gotta.

Good pick up Boozer 👍
I am planning a dry hop tomorrow….but not Galaxy. The beer I’m cloning uses motueka and Wakatu so that will be my dry hop - 25 g of each. I should have put that in the recipe above🤪
My next brew will have a Galaxy dry hop though (new world lager). 
Cheers Tone

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

I am planning a dry hop tomorrow….but not Galaxy. The beer I’m cloning uses motueka and Wakatu so that will be my dry hop - 25 g of each. I should have put that in the recipe above🤪

Whew! I can relax now.  It would have been such a waste of your recipe to not dry hop it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Do I hear the sounds of finger nails and ice picks making some desperate last minute life saving scrapping noises as you slide off down into the crevasse of AG brewing.  Surely not.

Hang in/on there @Classic Brewing Co your beers may just get a FWKing lot better. ha ha😁

Look forward to your tasting notes and pic report matey.

I think @Classic Brewing Co has a safety Harness attached just in case he drops in the abyss of All Grain

but good to see  he is make fwking good West Coast Ipa 

and like you  @iBooz2  i'm looking forward to seeing his results and pics

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

I think @Classic Brewing Co has a safety Harness attached just in case he drops in the abyss of All Grain

but good to see  he is make fwking good West Coast Ipa 

and like you  @iBooz2  i'm looking forward to seeing his results and pics

Yes guys I have to do it & see what all of the fuss is about !! Cheers.

Big BREW WEEKEND

I just got back from the LBHS for stocks for 3 Brews this weekend

• Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale
  • Morgan's Wheat Beer
  • Mr Beer Northwest Pale Ale

I am adding various fermentables & hops & the yeast US-05 is for the Wheat Beer.

I cannot pick up my West Coast IPA FWK until next week so this should keep me busy. Cheers.

20211105_125831.thumb.jpg.b8d85ea39f3e6fb71dbf315b6bf17fd4.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Big BREW WEEKEND

I just got back from the LBHS for stocks for 3 Brews this weekend

• Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale
  • Morgan's Wheat Beer
  • Mr Beer Northwest Pale Ale

I am adding various fermentables & hops & the yeast US-05 is for the Wheat Beer.

I cannot pick up my West Coast IPA FWK until next week so this should keep me busy. Cheers.

20211105_125831.thumb.jpg.b8d85ea39f3e6fb71dbf315b6bf17fd4.jpg

Hey @Classic Brewing Co, I wouldn’t go US-05 in the Wheat beer, try a MJ,S M20 or a Lallemand Munich Beer Yeast if your LHBS has them. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It's funny you should say that because afterwards I discovered a Wheat Beer Yeast but I will take your info on board, thanks heaps.

Image 1 - LALBREW® MUNICH CLASSIC WHEAT BEER YEASTSee the source image

No worries mate, I have used the German ( Munich Classic ) Wheat Yeast and re-harvested, goes well with my kits.

‘I have my first Wheat Beer AG under ferment currently, a Hoegaarden Clone, so looking forward to that when it’s ready. 

12 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

No worries mate, I have used the German ( Munich Classic ) Wheat Yeast and re-harvested, goes well with my kits.

‘I have my first Wheat Beer AG under ferment currently, a Hoegaarden Clone, so looking forward to that when it’s ready. 

Hey RD my research shows the kit yeast used in this is this one, I might just go with this.

Image 1 - Fermentis Safale WB-06 Wheat Beer/Weizen Brewing Yeast  Home Brew Sachets

Another voss-fermented batch in the can today.  Cooking this 20 litres of (lite) NZPA wort at 38ºC:

• 2.6kg GF Ale Malt
  • 400g GF Red Back Malt
  • 200 GF Toffee Malt
  • 10g Pacific Jade @30mins
  • 25g Nelson Sauvin @15mins
  • 25g Rwaka @10mins
  • 25g NelsonSauvin @5mins
  • 25g Riwaka @1mins
  • 5g Gypsum
  • Kveik Voss

IMG20211106131302~2.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 6

A nice rolling boil of a Fruit Salad Pale Ale. Magnum for bittering and HBC 630, Eclipse and Summer hops for flavour and aroma. To top it off, I’ll use Verdant yeast to add a little more fruitiness to it. This could be a ripper, if it works out as imagined 😀

C879E620-37F9-432F-A173-F8895B5F75D9.thumb.jpeg.a65adbb8a54872005174530eab7fbbf0.jpeg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

A nice rolling boil of a Fruit Salad Pale Ale. Magnum for bittering and HBC 630, Eclipse and Summer hops for flavour and aroma. To top it off, I’ll use Verdant yeast to add a little more fruitiness to it. This could be a ripper, if it works out as imagined 😀

C879E620-37F9-432F-A173-F8895B5F75D9.thumb.jpeg.a65adbb8a54872005174530eab7fbbf0.jpeg

Any dry hops AK?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

MR BEER NORTHWEST PALE ALE

SG 1.060 

@Classic Brewing Co , Phil, I would have called your SG 1.062 given where the meniscus level is in the tube in your pic.  Its measured at the bottom of the surface tension curve when testing low surface tension liquids such as wort, not the top matey.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yes AK, you have got my full attention.  Look forward to all updates on this brew.  Sounds a ripper. 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Classic Brewing Co , Phil, I would have called your SG 1.062 given where the meniscus level is in the tube in your pic.  Its measured at the bottom of the surface tension curve when testing low surface tension liquids such as wort, not the top matey.

Yes I realise that, I recorded 1.062 in my Brew Diary, I just put that there without referring to it I suppose. Cheers.

• Like 3