Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2021

Hairy

@Greeny1525229549 @Red devil 44 thanks guys I should do some mods to it I was a bit worried about the shelf a while back then forgot about it. I done some not very technical testing before using it again and found with the weight spread out from front to back it was ok and it only collapsed if I added pressure to one spot at front. What type of wood do you use greeny? Thickness/type etc

40 degrees in Adelaide today & I have just finished building my fermenting room under the verandah in the front courtyard, all powered up & ready to go. It's a bit rough but under cover & waterproofed.

Tomorrow connecting temp control etc & Coopers Aust Pale Ale will go in. Finally I will have 2 brews going at once.

Good day for a 🍻  Cheers Phil.

20210123_163029 (2).jpg

20210124_132223 (2).jpg

20210124_132329 (2).jpg

• Like 7

Funny this topic came up, I just finished mods on my all fridge with a new shelf I built, so I can have my Fermzilla and a 2nd brew in there, happy happy.

‘Just used what timber I had eg- offcuts from another project. I had to use the white piece of timber to tilt the Fermzilla back slightly so I could shut the door, very very tight, but it works.

30B62F2E-0F4A-4D65-BCD8-3EA6D890BF05.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Funny this topic came up, I just finished mods on my all fridge with a new shelf I built, so I can have my Fermzilla and a 2nd brew in there, happy happy.

‘Just used what timber I had eg- offcuts from another project. I had to use the white piece of timber to tilt the Fermzilla back slightly so I could shut the door, very very tight, but it works.

Nice One RD that's an awesome fridge, nice & high. Bring on the Beer !!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Really silly question - do you have to lift the bottom fermenter out of the fridge to bottle? My fridge will fit two fermenters in it but it's tight. I've a crook back and hoping there's a way around having to lift the bottom vessel out for the bottling process.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1

Hey Fellas, just a thought  ( some may call it a senior moment ) the Freezer underneath the fridge  ( Yes it does need a clean ) measures about 570mm x 540mm & I was wondering how it would go for bottle conditioning while brewing.  Mangrove Jack ST-1000 will be doing it's job & given that the fridge is never actually on very long it shouldn't damage PET's & certainly not glass bottles.

Just curious.

20210124_141736.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Really silly question - do you have to lift the bottom fermenter out of the fridge to bottle? My fridge will fit two fermenters in it but it's tight. I've a crook back and hoping there's a way around having to lift the bottom vessel out for the bottling process.

@Mickep. For the low fermenter I use a bottling siphon ( pic below ) from the fermenter into my keg ( I don’t bottle ).

I too have a crook back so this is how I get around that problem, Hope this helps mate.

3ABA1992-B5C0-49D4-BE52-BAC57201ABFE.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:
21 minutes ago, Mickep said:

@Mickep. For the low fermenter I use a bottling siphon ( pic below ) from the fermenter into my keg ( I don’t bottle ).

I too have a crook back so this is how I get around that problem, Hope this helps mate.

Thanks heaps RD mate. Is this siphon a viable option for transferring beer from the Coopers vessel into the 750ml PET bottles do you think?

Edited by Mickep

57 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Get one of these Mick, or a stainless steel one which I have and they are great for bottling in these situations or out of those Bunnings drums which don't have a tap (or no tap fitted as no room for tap in fridge). I have a Brigalow bottling wand on the bottle end and it works a treat.

Cheers - AL

Plastic auto siphon.PNG

Brigalow Bottling kit.PNG

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yes, I would have to remove everything, good point.

I have a big note on the front of my fridge that says "Drink all stubbies before next brew cycle" so perhaps you could try that.

Cheers - AL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Whilst building my new shelf for my fridge I also built myself a shelf for all my brew gear, was busy yesterday but now I’m as stiff as

Where are the bags of Malted Grain Reddler?  😆

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

I just finished mods on my all fridge with a new shelf I built, so I can have my Fermzilla and a 2nd brew in there,

Looks great Big Red but..... seriously.... you need more tape!?!  Hey @Shamus O'Sean Shamus? 😝

Edited by Graubart
  • Haha 1