Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2021

Hairy

33 minutes ago, Graculus said:

I've had a bad day at work. Came home & had a lager and thought I wouldn't mind a bottle of the Coopers Imperial Russian stout I made a couple of years ago.
I'm now on the second bottle. It's 10%, so I beginning not to care about anything.

Sadly there are those days @Graculus Graculus old cobber... no doubt for us all... but that lovely Coopers RIS sounds like the medicine to cure all ills 🥳

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Graubart said:

Haha @RDT2 RD - Woohoo 🥳 I was just about to suggest your system and then saw you had beat me to it hahaha - best use for XXXX Gold I have ever seen... so @DeviantLogic Devlogger I provide you with a beautiful picture for your edification... as for me...  I utilise a tupperware cylinder and two plastic cutting boards... one day I will get around to upgrading haha like you too @RDT2 RD ; )

image.thumb.png.7e988ed3d475ec895f321a89e39b2be0.png

Tupperware is an interesting idea! I might have to rake around the cupboards tomorrow and see if I can find anything suitable.

6 hours ago, Graculus said:

Ah, that's alright mate.

I've had a bad day at work. Came home & had a lager and thought I wouldn't mind a bottle of the Coopers Imperial Russian stout I made a couple of years ago.
I'm now on the second bottle. It's 10%, so I beginning not to care about anything.

Holding onto the RIS for a couple of years is a solid effort! Do you feel it has improved much from the aging?

A few 10% RIS definitely sounds like a good way to end a bad day to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DeviantLogic said:

Tupperware is an interesting idea! I might have to rake around the cupboards tomorrow and see if I can find anything suitable.

Holding onto the RIS for a couple of years is a solid effort! Do you feel it has improved much from the aging?

Agree w all the above @RDT2 and @Graculus and @DeviantLogic and... as I had to give the Brew Fridge a good clean yesterday here is a photo of the FVLSS (FV Load Support System) - only the FVLSS also has a large plastic cutting board up above that glass fridge plate to spread the load a bit further (apologies was not included in photo 😆)

Of course Aluminium Checker Plate or hardened glass or varnished marine ply or...... would be nice... But it'd be a shame to waste such a beautiful thing as the below -- surely now after all of that long and arduous technology development, concept appraisal, testing and field implementation has been such a roaring success... same as  @RDT2 RD's patented awful-megaswill-tinnies and block of wood load support system?!? 😋  Necessity is the mother of all invention 😜

image.thumb.png.f736e2bf2f5cb6dafed9fdcda337664f.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Mr beer north west pa

2× Mr beer North West pa 2.6kg

600 grams LDM

17 litres OG 1:056

Will dry hop with 20 each of galaxy and citra in 4 to 5 days in hop ball then straight to keg after FG and few days to clear.

12 grams coopers yeast C+L blend pitched on 23 degrees on heater pad in computer room. Inkbird set to 19.5 will slowly come down to temp in cool weather.

For those ignorant to the tea towel Maximum Brewing Company sometimes needs to get out the old FV with cracked lid to keep production going. 🙂

20210521_112227.jpg

20210521_122525.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Mr beer north west pa

600 grams LDM

Will dry hop with 20 each of galaxy and citra in 4 to 5 days in hop ball then straight to keg after FG and few days to clear.

12 grams coopers yeast C+L blend pitched on 23 degrees on heater pad in computer room. Inkbird set to 19.5 will slowly come down to temp in cool weather.

For those ignorant to the tea towel Maximum Brewing Company sometimes needs to get out the old FV with cracked lid to keep production going. 🙂

20210521_112227.jpg

20210521_122525.jpg

@jamiek86 

7 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Mr beer north west pa

600 grams LDM

20210521_112227.jpg

20210521_122525.jpg

@jamiek86 I just got some of the Northewest Pale Ale, had it before, nice beer. I assume you are using the Coopers standard FV for the 2 tins + adjuncts.

It should pack a fair punch.

I did mine in the Craft FV 8.5litres. 

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@jamiek86 

@jamiek86 I just got some of the Northewest Pale Ale, had it before, nice beer. I assume you are using the Coopers standard FV for the 2 tins + adjuncts.

It should pack a fair punch.

I did mine in the Craft FV 8.5litres. 

Yes mate just doubled it in standard coopers fv just over double was just past 17 litres. I did it in standard mr beer fv with no malt added first time and bottled. Even though was nice bottles were under carbed and bit bodiless. Hence adding malt this time and decided to keg it when done.

52 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Yes mate just doubled it in standard coopers fv just over double was just past 17 litres. I did it in standard mr beer fv with no malt added first time and bottled. Even though was nice bottles were under carbed and bit bodiless. Hence adding malt this time and decided to keg it when done.

Yeah the malt does wonders, I won't do a brew without it now.

53 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Hence adding malt this time and decided to keg it when done.

Shoulda woulda coulda added liquid malt instead of that dry powdery stuff sitting on the scales hey me liquid malt mates @CLASSIC and @Red devil 44 haha 😜

Will turn out v nice just the same JK - good luck with it and keeping the Litres pouring in for the MBC LTD 👍

Edited by Graubart
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Shoulda woulda coulda added liquid malt instead of that dry powdery stuff sitting on the scales hey me liquid malt mates @CLASSIC and @Red devil 44 haha 😜

Will turn out v nice just the same JK - good luck with it and keeping the Litres pouring in for the MBC LTD 👍

would have made too strong a tin of liquid mate if then added more water would have taken flavour from tins. Liquid Wheat is my favourite use it all time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

would have made too strong a tin of liquid mate if then added more water would have taken flavour from tins. Liquid Wheat is my favourite use it all time.

Yes I agree, with the Mr Beer 1.3kg Craft range you have to be careful not to overpower them, I have only ever used LDME in my brews apart from the bigger fermenter as you use the Wheat Malt.

• Like 1

Graubart my disagree but I used to use dry wheat malt extract and I preferred it because of ease of storage and different weights. But I never used too much as I didnt like the taste from so much wheat, but others might disagree.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above @jamiek86 @Norris! and @CLASSIC including disagreeing with myself 😋

Many ways to the top of the mountain.... all good... and truly spoken 🙂

I guess my general message is - if doing KnK - then Coopers Liquid Malt Extract is worth trying and may add value to your brew ; )

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Graubart said:

I guess my general message is - if doing KnK - then Coopers Liquid Malt Extract is worth trying and may add value to your brew ; )

I am totally sold on that Graubster, LDME is a great product but the LME to me has more 🏈's if you know what I mean. 

Either way adding extra goodies has helped my brews.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DeviantLogic said:

Yes, I think it has improved.
But it's not really to my taste to be honest, which is why there's still another case at the back of the garage.

I much prefer the toucan stout I make with 250 grams of choc malt steeped etc.

• Like 2

Yesterday went ok so thought why not crack on again this Friday arvo 🥳

This time for an Amber Ale of sorts...  Freshly milled malts five from Aus Riverina - Voyager --> Barley - Veloria, Atlas and Vienna then some Rye and some Wheat... and a good wallop of Maris Otter from the UK... just about to head into the hop boil... heating up while the basket of spent milled mashed grains drains 🙂

Have a great weekend Brewers!

image.thumb.png.383c2d5583e5be25835da60551543b9d.png

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Graubart what do you use to hold the grain out of brew pot until its drained?

The most recent addition to our NANO Brewery 304SS Brewing Kettles is our 300 Micron 304SS Mesh Brew Baskets.  Constructed of 304 Stainless Steel and comprising of 300 micron Mesh these baskets are perfect for extract brewing, all grain brewing, Kombucha, Tonics and a host of other brewing and cooking applications.  

The 304SS Brew Baskets sit 65mm from the base of all our NANO Brewery 304SS vessels to allow an element to be placed under the baskets, with our vessels.  The Brew Baskets also have three 304SS drop down hooks that enable the basket to hook onto the top rim of the NANO Brewery vessel of which they are suited.  Hooking to the rim of a suited vessel brings the base of Mesh Basket 100mm from the top of the suited vessel, enabling the basket to be drained of any residual liquid without the need to hold the Basket whilst it drains, perfect for the sparging process in all grain brewing.

CPB Website

HTH

👍

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, Goldcoast Crow said:

Ok 40ltrs of goodness in the fvs..... Now to let nature do its thing..... 

10ltrs 1/2 can coopers apa w/1/2 box be2, og1046

10ltrs 1/2 can coopers dark ale w/500gr liquid malt, og1042

20ltrs 1/2 can coopers apa, 1/2 can coopers dark ale, 1/2box be2, 500 gr liquid malt, og1046

IMG_20210516_111927.jpg

So at day 5 all gravities are around 1010, 

All abvs are around 4.2-4.5

Dropped a pride of ringwood hop bag into the apa, fuggle into the dark Ale and galaxy Into the apa/dark combo. 

A few days clear up and we are good to bottle 

• Like 4

Last one in a bit of a threesome brewing catch-up campaign... Galaxy SMASH Pils... freshly milled Weyermann Pils (snuck in a bit of Voyager Wheat so is not quite a true smash) and Galaxy Hops... bit at 60 then some more at 2 and then post FO around 80 deg a bit of a dump to capture some aroma... just starting the hop boil now... a bit late in the day but hopefully works ok. 

Cheers and Good Brewing All 😋

Only one v sad thing... the WeyPils Barrell is near bottom : (

image.thumb.png.44b1b5962a76e5c5cb3dc960aaf502e0.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

A Masterpiece from Grabsterbrewing.com, everything so precise @Graubart  looks fantastic, no wonder your beers look so good !!

Haha @CLASSIC Phil you are way too kind mate... I guess the old Graubartigebräu Brauhaus has got a bit of a system going... haha and when I do brew the Brewery gets a tidy up (haha the Kitch) which is good.... and usually the floor has been washed clean after all the liquids flying around including lots of boiling water for sterilisation haha...  was worried about getting it all to work after some months layoff but it all has sorta come together... but three in three days will be enough for a bit... might do a Dunkelweizen when the current Hefeweizen is done and just put straight into same FV... that will bring me back up to 7 kegs... it was pretty poor form to have 9 and go back to 2 and a bit so thought I should crack on and bring the inventory back up... so hopefully get this puppy into SS FV tomorrow and have three fermenting nicely for a little while.  The HW is bllllardy cranking tho - so might even be able to keg later next week and get that DW in... see how it goes.  But it does feel good to be back brewing and not just imbibing haha!  (tho imbibing is plenty fun yesss) 👍

• Like 1