Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Good on ya mate, it is always good to see other brewers beers, that is the great part about this forum, you get to compare, criticise & enjoy looking at the great photos. 

Here's another one for you a Dark Bitter experiment that I am really enjoying, still a little young but I am getting older so that's why I am drinking it. Cheers.

20210708_161704.jpg

Lovely ! Haha getting older u say? Come to think of it so am I 😂 Really struggling to wait the 2 weeks before sampling, I'm out of beer here plus we have a booze ban ( South Africa) as I did mention in another post.

So keep the pics coming, it's 2nd best to actually having my own beer 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

You're only as old as the beer you feel... um... as the woman you drink... um... dammit! 😄

Looks a nice drop though.

Fantastic colour ey Journey

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Really struggling to wait the 2 weeks before sampling, I'm out of beer here plus we have a booze ban ( South Africa) as I did mention in another post

Bloody Hell! I reckon we better start a GoFundMe to get you to a civilised country.

• Haha 1

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Can you get busted for Brewing at home in South Africa ? I wouldn't have thought so 🤔

Haha no no, to clarify, the sale of liquor is banned for a few weeks (covid rubbish) so yeah...

• Like 1

Just now, Journeyman said:

Bloody Hell! I reckon we better start a GoFundMe to get you to a civilised country.

Haha yes please mate. Wife and two kids too though 😅😆 we love our beer just as much as the aussies I'm told hehe. Well I do 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Looks awesome mate. What sort of chiller are you using?

Cheers mate. Just the SS coil chiller that came with my guten. Thought about upgrading but don’t think I need too. I run the wort through the chiller in a bucket of ice water. With agitation it takes maybe half hour to get it to pitching temp. 20 mins just circulating through while I’m packing up and the last 10 mins I stand there like a goose wiggling it up and down to promote thermo transfer. If I I’m doing the wiggle and the kettle temp is saying 40, the wort coming out of the chiller into the FV is in the low 20s 

I know I have posted this before but I need to say   Well Done Coopers !   This ROTM AUS IPA would have to be one of the most interesting & enjoyable beers that I have brewed in the K& K system, I had a couple of mates around last night & gave them a sample & they loved it, thank goodness I only had 2 bottles in the Bar Fridge !!

I didn't see any responses on others brewing this recipe ?

Cheers.

20210708_171214.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I didn't see any responses on others brewing this recipe ?

Doing it in a few weeks.  Guaranteed to post my results.  I am going to use Verdant IPA yeast instead though.  It will probably taste very different to the English Ale yeast recommended in the original recipe.  

4 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Here's another one for you a Dark Bitter experiment that I am really enjoying, still a little young but I am getting older so that's why I am drinking it. Cheers.

20210708_161704.jpg

PS - Your Dark Bitter is not so dark really.  Nevertheless it looks like a great beer.

26 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

@CLASSIC it is planned as my next brew. I have sampled a couple of the Coopers cans of this and it was great so looking forward to brewing it.

1676e.thumb.JPG.ce5db161ef3a439c020a6a6b653da745.JPG

Hey Kmar92,  are you doing an AG version or is the one you are going to do just based on a kit recipe / simply brewing a ROTM?   I would like to have a go at an AG one of these as this looks and sounds like a ripper beer to add to the portfolio.

4 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Cheers mate. Just the SS coil chiller that came with my guten. Thought about upgrading but don’t think I need too. I run the wort through the chiller in a bucket of ice water. With agitation it takes maybe half hour to get it to pitching temp. 20 mins just circulating through while I’m packing up and the last 10 mins I stand there like a goose wiggling it up and down to promote thermo transfer. If I I’m doing the wiggle and the kettle temp is saying 40, the wort coming out of the chiller into the FV is in the low 20s 

Yeah I have the same sort of chiller and do it a similar way. I use it for my lagers but no chill my ales. It's just a PITA to hook up and use. Might make it a lock down project to do it more efficiently. Cheers for the reply mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Doing it in a few weeks.  Guaranteed to post my results.  I am going to use Verdant IPA yeast instead though.  It will probably taste very different to the English Ale yeast recommended in the original recipe.  

Look forward to seeing your photos Shamus, I did use the Morgan's English Ale Yeast 15g so I am wondering about the difference, I am definitely going to make it again though.

Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Kmar92,  are you doing an AG version or is the one you are going to do just based on a kit recipe / simply brewing a ROTM?   I would like to have a go at an AG one of these as this looks and sounds like a ripper beer to add to the portfolio.

Al, it will be just the ROTM so yes, just an extract version.

• Like 1

Its been awhile since i was able to put up a pic  of a beer of mine

however not happy with the result of my west coast ipa  the bittering hop i had to substitute it  so i added columbus
I think the origional  hop was better which should have been warrior.

Also you guys are going to shoot me down as i used 1 carb drop in each stubby
i found this to be a huge mistake and i should have bulked primed using some other priming sugar
as the carb is a bit high end not overly carbed  (i knew i should have kegged this)

having said that its very drinkable and only been in the Stubby for 2 weeks  so still a bit green

will lay off this beer for another 2 to 3 weeks and see how it goes

20210709_123312.thumb.jpg.08a430c3aef3cb418f9d5cd3c3752499.jpg

This beer clarity i do not mind considering it was bottle and there was no gelatin or cold crashing this brew or temp control

The yeast which i used was 2 packs of bry 97  and i can still taste the yeast in it

5.3% west coast ipa  

it is one of my favorites  as this is about the 4th go and this was the 1st one not to be the best out of the 4..

• Like 4

It's very hard to complain about too much head on your beer 🤔 but I found this Wheat Beer very hard to pour, probably a bit carbed up & there was an eruption when I opened it, so might have to hold back on the sugar in the bottling in the next brew. Otherwise it tastes pretty damn fine.

Cheers.

WHEAT BEER.jpg

• Like 7