Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

I should add that my inventory got all messed up, user error, and I didn't have the 75g of Centential or eclipse but around 55-65g of each so I just went with 110g of mosaic. So it was about 110g mosaic, 55g eclipse and 65g of centennial for the dry hop, 230g total, so I guess 310g for this batch. It was a tad bit expensive at $41, but that will drop to about $38 when I re-use the yeast.

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Norris! said:

I should add that my inventory got all messed up, user error, and I didn't have the 75g of Centential or eclipse but around 55-65g of each so I just went with 110g of mosaic. So it was about 110g mosaic, 55g eclipse and 65g of centennial for the dry hop, 230g total, so I guess 310g for this batch. It was a tad bit expensive at $41, but that will drop to about $38 when I re-use the yeast.

My hop bills are getting outta control! 
Ha ha ha ha

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Norris! said:

What are you brewing?

When brewing on the G70, the “bill” for a brew day is getting up there. IPA dry hops alone are around the 400 - 500g. Whirlpool additions are around the 200 - 250g mark. 
flame out addition is around the 200g mark. 
Bittering around the 75 - 100g mark. 
And I’m not even doing NEIPA’s 

ha ha ha ha

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

When brewing on the G70, the “bill” for a brew day is getting up there. IPA dry hops alone are around the 400 - 500g. Whirlpool additions are around the 200 - 250g mark. 
flame out addition is around the 200g mark. 
Bittering around the 75 - 100g mark. 
And I’m not even doing NEIPA’s 

ha ha ha ha

Dang, yeah I never even thought about a double batch and the hops required, you sitting near a kg! So much flavour and aroma!!!

Yeah I want to try some of the hop resin and cry hops to reduce the vegetable matter like you but dang, your DIPA must be so awesome. Do you pick up any vegetable flavours, hop bite or anything? I can pick it up slightly in some of my beers and it was a flaw ID by the judges in a NEIPA, so I am trying to address that issue...but I have only gotten to half typing in a searching Google for the ingredients in Australia....I am a slacker. 

50 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Dang, yeah I never even thought about a double batch and the hops required, you sitting near a kg! So much flavour and aroma!!!

Yeah I want to try some of the hop resin and cry hops to reduce the vegetable matter like you but dang, your DIPA must be so awesome. Do you pick up any vegetable flavours, hop bite or anything? I can pick it up slightly in some of my beers and it was a flaw ID by the judges in a NEIPA, so I am trying to address that issue...but I have only gotten to half typing in a searching Google for the ingredients in Australia....I am a slacker. 

Once I start getting Into the larger hop bills yeah. I get more vege. which I try to avoid. 
Cryo is awesome for that. But it does need a little bit of pellets to really help it along. IMO. 

Haven’t tried the resin yet but going to in a IIIPA fairly soon.

• Thanks 1

Had a couple of beers, getting colder so I thought a Dark Ale, I had to deliberately pour this in slow motion as it would have gone everywhere. A nice bold taste with big hop hit.

Tonight is Schnitzel night so I thought I would finish with this & sneak up on a 🍷or nine !!

Cheers Brewers.

20210706_170058_01.jpg

• Like 8

Trying to make room in my keg storage freezer so needed to drink some bottles of lager that have been sitting in there at 2 C since middle of last year.  This one is a K&K Coopers True Aussie Bitter.  Its my version 2 with a tweak as it has a cold steep of 100 g Caramunich #1 to try and help with head retention but this grain is not as good for that as Carapils.   All its really done is add some sweetness and some colour.  It was also carbed using the Muzzy method (commission pending) so all good with the bubbles. 

If you want to have a crack at this Coopers recipe, I would cold steep 200 g of carapils and maybe just add a tad of hops in the short boil, say PoR or Cluster or EKG to give it some aroma.  Other than that its not too bad for a K&K beer.

Sorry should have wiped the glass down before pic.  As you can see where my thumb was on the glass its nice and clear and bubbles working well.

True Aussie Bitter ver 2 11Sept2020 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Trying to make room in my keg storage freezer so needed to drink some bottles of lager that have been sitting in there at 2 C since middle of last year.  This one is a K&K Coopers True Aussie Bitter.  Its my version 2 with a tweak as it has a cold steep of 100 g Caramunich #1 to try and help with head retention but this grain is not as good for that as Carapils.   All its really done is add some sweetness and some colour.  It was also carbed using the Muzzy method (commission pending) so all good with the bubbles. 

If you want to have a crack at this Coopers recipe, I would cold steep 200 g of carapils and maybe just add a tad of hops in the short boil, say PoR or Cluster or EKG to give it some aroma.  Other than that its not too bad for a K&K beer.

Sorry should have wiped the glass down before pic.  As you can see where my thumb was on the glass its nice and clear and bubbles working well.

True Aussie Bitter ver 2 11Sept2020 - resized.jpg

Looks very nice

• Like 1

bit of a leftovers kit kilo and partial

IMG_7946.thumb.jpg.ee684a860c221898521a607f405c5987.jpg

coopers pale ale can, brew enhancer 3
1kg/3 litre partial (500g cara red, 400g maris otter, 100g heritage crystal), 5 litre 30 min boil
magnum, columbus and enigma hops
new england east coast ale yeast

first glass is going down pretty well 🍻

1162713520_43hops.JPG.300baec4562a9a97f31e0e49b0041b5e.JPG

• Like 5

Freezin cold and rainy in Perth so delved into the archive cupboard pulling out an Oatmeal Stout which has been in the bottle for 4 months now really surprised how rich it is now but not overpowering very nice on a night like tonight.

F396255E-C28C-4E1E-8F84-63F2555CBF7B.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 7

Trying my Dunkelweizen tonight.

The prominent banana aroma has carried through from the ferment.  There is also clove after-aroma, if that's a thing.

The flavour mimics the aroma.  Reminds me a bit of banana custard.  The smooth and creamy mouthfeel from the wheat probably helps with that custard-y vibe.

Done with the Munich Classic Wheat yeast.  17°C was a great temperature to start the fermentation.

Really happy with this one.

IMG_2492.JPG.647526e19be9f9a69a50e1b77f7092d2.JPG

• Like 11

Chomping through my keg of yank pale ale. Really liking this beer. Friends like it too. Judges not so much….

this beer is crystal clear. Kettle finings only, no filter, no gelatine etc. Quick chilling and a mineral rich water profile has taken care of clarifying duties. 

D3E851C2-F4DF-42B9-B4CB-82D26191CDD8.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

Chomping through my keg of yank pale ale. Really liking this beer. Friends like it too. Judges not so much….

this beer is crystal clear. Kettle finings only, no filter, no gelatine etc. Quick chilling and a mineral rich water profile has taken care of clarifying duties. 

D3E851C2-F4DF-42B9-B4CB-82D26191CDD8.jpeg

Looks awesome mate. What sort of chiller are you using?

• Thanks 1

Well. tonight I am off to the Club so either Pale Ale or Black n Tan using Pale and Coopers stout. But if I want an extra when I get home it's a HB Old or IPA (1 bottle each) I made maybe 12 months back, a can of Guinness or a choice of John Boston's Coastal XPA or Island IPA cans.

My kegs both ran out and the 2 new brews only hit the 30 psi this arvo. 😞

They should be interesting - basic brews, a Real Ale (kinda, given Real Ale is meant to be natural carbed) and an IPA. I'm trying to work my way towards a decent 'plain' brew that megaswill drinkers might find palatable while not putting it in my "don't Drink!' class...

• Sad 1

Just want to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread and seeing all the amazing looking beers!! I will be sure to post my real ale ( fuggles hop addition to make it more English ale leaning) once I try it. 

Cheers 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Just want to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread and seeing all the amazing looking beers!! I will be sure to post my real ale ( fuggles hop addition to make it more English ale leaning) once I try it. 

Cheers 

Good on ya mate, it is always good to see other brewers beers, that is the great part about this forum, you get to compare, criticise & enjoy looking at the great photos. 

Here's another one for you a Dark Bitter experiment that I am really enjoying, still a little young but I am getting older so that's why I am drinking it. Cheers.

20210708_161704.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Here's another one for you a Dark Bitter experiment that I am really enjoying, still a little young but I am getting older so that's why I am drinking it. Cheers.

You're only as old as the beer you feel... um... as the woman you drink... um... dammit! 😄

Looks a nice drop though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1