Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Took a bit of a while for my fellow Beer Testers to arrive down here so apologies about the delay... but many thanks for the beer @Norris! Norris!  Gold.

This was beaut - Creamy - Fruity - Yummy - from all three Testers ; ) 

The ABV... just perfect for us... and from one discerning Taste-Tester... Strawberries.

I think my recent Pale - I will post a photo up eventually - I had too much bittering - I like the free and easy fruitiness thing found in the Fiddler's Green Berserker Juice... my hoppy Pale is ok... but next time I will try focus on the aromatics a bit more and ease off the bitterness to get closer to the FGBC BJ : )

Cheers ye Brewers!

Yeeeehaaa 🥳

Berserker Juice from FGBC (Fiddler's Green Brewing Co) 

image.thumb.png.5776ab7c92802d69fe3b8cc8c6807595.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Sneak Preview" tasting - Wai-iti Red Ale.  A partial-mash built on a BR NZ Company Bitter can (on sale!) paired with GF ale malt and Wai-iti hops.  It's still green but already shaping up to be a favourite for 2021.  😋

Wai-itiRed.jpg

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

"Sneak Preview" tasting - Wai-iti Red Ale.  A partial-mash built on a BR NZ Company Bitter can (on sale!) paired with GF ale malt and Wai-iti hops.  It's still green but already shaping up to be a favourite for 2021.  😋

@BlackSands that looks interesting, I have tried a few different BR recipes lately & I am impressed, I am having a Whispering Wheat ATM & it is very drinkable. I also enjoy the MJ brand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackSands said:

Wai-itiRed.jpg

Beautiful looking brew there. Whenever I see a Picture of a bitter I always think what a great colour.  It is almost red but more of an amber to my perception. I want to get that colour and marry it up to pomengrate, watermelon, strawberry or some other red aroma and flavour ( I know colours don't smell or taste but hopefully you get where I am coming from) but keep it at 4.5%, crisp and light but filled with complimentary flavours and aromas too match the colour...basically a Red ale type beer.

Anyways sorry for the tangent, great looking beer.

Norris

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackSands said:

Wai-itiRed.jpg

mate that looks like a rather good drop  that you made there.

without being to dramatic mate , if i went to the pub or even a craft brewery and they gave me a glass looking like
that,  i would be telling them to pour another beer in a beer clean glass.

CO2 should be showing its working the beer and keeping the head  and not sticking to the side of the glass

i am not saying your glass isnt clean its just not beer clean.

if the glass was beer clean this beer would look  100% better

sory i am critical when i see glasses like that..  

mate having said that it does look a ripper beer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

mate that looks like a rather good drop  that you made there.

without being to dramatic mate , if i went to the pub or even a craft brewery and they gave me a glass looking like

CO2 should be showing its working the beer and keeping the head  and not sticking to the side of the glass

i am not saying your glass isnt clean its just not beer clean.

if the glass was beer clean this beer would look  100% better

sory i am critical when i see glasses like that..  

mate having said that it does look a ripper beer

Many a photos have been deleted due to "non beer clean" glasses. I had good luck with a nice rinse in hot water and then cold and let drip dry but what do others do?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Many a photos have been deleted due to "non beer clean" glasses. I had good luck with a nice rinse in hot water and then cold and let drip dry but what do others do?

I do exactly that & I don't store them in the fridge either, every few weeks I detail all my beer glasses ( well the ones that are used the most ) & they go in the sink & get scrubbed with a dedicated brush with hot water & bi-carbonate of soda & then rinsed several times with hot water, then cold & as you @Norris! leave them to drip dry upside down on a clean towel. 

I have found this method works for me & assists with head retention.

Just for the record I don't think @BlackSands glasses are dirty, he has already stated the brew was still green. That's my two bob's worth.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Just for the record I don't think @BlackSands glasses are dirty, he has already stated the brew was still green. That's my two bob's worth.

Cheers.

the beer being green has nothing to do with Phil

I also stated  in post  the glass was clean, just not beer clean

and i wasnt having ago at blacksands as that looks a terrific beer despite my thoughts on the
presentation of co2 bubbles on the side

• Like 2

Joining you with the dark stuff @Stickers. 1st taste of a porter I bottled a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad beer. Silky with the oats and pronounced with the chocolate taste. Missus thought it was awesome but its a little sweet for my taste. This one was made with WLP002 ( Fullers strain ). Must say I prefer it with S04. A little drier and less malty and the northern brewer hops came through a little more. 

20210630_204235.jpg

• Like 6

For those of those playing along and keeping an eye on my waffling regarding competition beers….. the judging was held over the weekend…..my German Pilsner took out 3rd spot in the pale lager category out of 39 entries. Pretty happy with that. 40/50 is a decent score but plenty of room for improvement. 
my hop driven beers got dragged over the coals….not exactly sure why just yet as feed back hasnt been sent out. 

cheers boys n gals.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

For those of those playing along and keeping an eye on my waffling regarding competition beers….. the judging was held over the weekend…..my German Pilsner took out 3rd spot in the pale lager category out of 39 entries. Pretty happy with that. 40/50 is a decent score but plenty of room for improvement. 
my hop driven beers got dragged over the coals….not exactly sure why just yet as feed back hasnt been sent out. 

cheers boys n gals.

Nice work with the Pilsner nothing to hide your mistakes with that beer. Congratulations 👏 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Norris! said:

Dishwasher. Never seem to have a problem with head retention or bubbles clinging to the side of the glass. Unless they sit for a while and get dust in them. I've got that many on the bar that most of them don't get much use 🤣

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Dishwasher. Never seem to have a problem with head retention or bubbles clinging to the side of the glass. Unless they sit for a while and get dust in them. I've got that many on the bar that most of them don't get much use 🤣

I found dishwasher good if have no logos on them that can come off otherwise just started using bicarb soda paste then rinse works well. I also have way more than get used but for some reason just got delivery of 6 English pint glasses and another order on way of 5 lowenbrau pot glasses with stem

• Haha 1

second try of Euro lager I turned into pilsner with tettnang and sazz hop boil and steep nice flavour. Better carbonation and taste than 4 days ago now 6 days in keg. It will age good still have a pale ale and another pilsner to drink before this.

20210701_004523.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

I found dishwasher good if have no logos on them that can come off otherwise just started using bicarb soda paste then rinse works well. I also have way more than get used but for some reason just got delivery of 6 English pint glasses and another order on way of 5 lowenbrau pot glasses with stem

Yeah I've found a couple with logos have faded a bit, another one I nicked from a pub years ago is still good as new though, as are both Stella glasses I got in Australian open promos (the last one came with a tennis ball as well 😂). Must depend on what they use for the logos. 

I used to soak them in sodium perc, then rinse with hot water and drip dry. That worked well too. 

14 hours ago, Norris! said:

3 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I used to soak them in sodium perc, then rinse with hot water and drip dry. That worked well too. 

I do similar to what Otto describes above.  Quarter teaspoon of Oxyclean in each glass, fill with hot water, leave soaking overnight, rinse with hot water next day, let drip dry on the sink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ozdevil said:

It does sound a little dramatic 😜

• Haha 5

On 6/21/2021 at 9:10 PM, Barramullafella said:

Week 4 in the bottle and time to crack a second test of the Woolale Plus 3.7 is Woolies lager 1.7kg, LME [Saunders 1kg, 250g dextrose, 250g maltodextrine, 25 lt H2O, kit yeast.  Head was okay, colour is okay, Taste slight sweet, malty, light bitterness, s creamy or smooth feel in mouth with ample carbonation. I gave this 9/10 as turned out a nice beer - but a little sweet for my liming. But, I will still drink it 🙂 cheers.

Woolale Plus 4 weeks.jpg

This is second attempt to edit this post 😉 Tasted this again yesterday and a little less malt/sweetness so figured anudda alteration to get a satisfying throw-down ale mild ale. OS Lager 1.7 + Coop's Wheat/Malt 750 gm + 300gm dextrose + 250gm malto + 25lt estimate 4.1% abv.

• Like 2