Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

40 minutes ago, Norris! said:

This brew came in 4th place but honestly I wouldn't change too much,

What was the category?

PXL_20210617_062731439.thumb.jpg.87ebd5bd9c5dfa884e35af9957d4cb8a.jpg

Proper hazy, massive aroma, some esters in that and maybe a little alcohol. Passionfruit and pineapple for the win.
Decent immediate bitterness, above a NEIPA but that is a win for me, clears to big fruit and then some sweetness - that could be hops or just not fermented sugars.

Crackingly good beer. The problems with comps is they just as per a style. This beer is an amazing NEIPA interpretation, probably too bitter for the style but suits the beer pefectly.

Nice one @Norris!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

IMG_7867.thumb.jpg.0c6900c4584704d821d419d567417869.jpg

slowly starting to win the fight against my foamy keg, dropped the serving pressure by half and getting more actual beer now. it's not a bad one hiding under all the foam either, cooper's fair drinkum recipe with heritage crystal instead of light crystal. really clear too.

• Like 7

Awesome write up @Green BlobWay better than mine, Hahah. Yeah I am wrestling with the bitterness and massive aroma and flavour balance, that was all from a Cube hop. I am looking at chilling, but I wanted to balance out the sweetness also and make it more drinkable instead of just a juice bomb....But it is still juicy. I was down after the results but after trying it again, I def think it is a good beer in its own right or I wouldn't of used all the tape in the world on a label. 

@Stickers

If it is overcarbed just disconnect the gas fully and degas it and then in about 15 minutes pour a beer. It won't be perfect but after a few pours it should get right, you might have to degas it a couple of times over a Day or two. You could also degas it tonight, check it before work and degas it again and it will probably pour alright after that and won't need gas until the pour slows down. That is my method at least if I go over. Good luck.

• Like 4

Taste test of the   @MitchBastard's Aussie Pub Lager, its only been in the keg since 14/06/21 but I just had to have a taste now that its got some bubbles in it and I am impressed.  Mitch I reckon you are very close with this recipe, have you done any other tweaks to yours since I pinched it? I want to pinch them too. ha ha...😄

Very easy drinking beer and as I said before the Diamond Lager Yeast appears to makes it taste like a light beer albeit this one is 5% so it could be a trap.  I think the hops balance is about perfect for this recipe.  Only a couple of things I would change in the next batch I do is to up the colour from EBC = 8 up to say 11-ish and maybe mash at a higher temp to give it just a tad more body.  The 200 g of Carapils I added gives it a very creamy fine bubbled head, almost like meringue.  Its going to be hard to let the keg of this one lager for the next month but I am just gonna have to.

MitchB Aussie Pub Lager Taste Test 2 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6

My other house Ale (other than Pacific Summer Ale).  True Blue Pale Ale ver 4 in AG.  Have done it a few times with K&K but just keep mutating it to where I want a regular house ale to be.  I am nearly there me thinks.  Its my own "play thing" recipe and I just make little tweaks to it just to see if it turns out like what the software tells me it going to.  Plus it will give me experience, if I do this it will taste like that etc.  Just searching for "my beer" whilst I brew some tried and proven ones.  Anyway I think it is another nice easy drinking beer for when mates come around for a couple and then have to drive home.

True Blue Pale Ale ver 4 - resized.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

@Norris! IPA... Very nice, looks like mud in the pic though. Nice malty backbone, umm, that was last night so I cannot really recall - and it was like the last beer or something.
Decent drop thopugh

PXL_20210617_083413268.thumb.jpg.ffad10c0bb7bfda5938cdf460eebf43a.jpg

Looks pretty good GB,  nice head & I can see it has wings. I am just finishing off with one of my Wheat Beers ( only Black Rock Whispering Wheat Extract ) but an absolutely fresh clean taste as before I had a Coopers Draught followed by a Belgian Ale & this is unbelievably nice & light & I am definitely getting the whole idea of the wheat experience.

I can still feel the power of the ABV in all I have had so I will probably just sip on a wine before the curry later on.

Cheers to All.

WHEAT BEER.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

@stquinto  I believe you posted a photo on this table yesterday & said Italy, what part is that ? Just curious that's all.

Hey Phil, this is just outside a town called Servigliano, in the Marche region, about a third of the way down the Adriatic coast. If you can get past the beer glass (big ask here), across those fields, you’ll hit the sea (45 minutes or so). Next stop Croatia. 
I reckon you’d like the tucker here mate, I’ll post a cuppla piccies on the grub thread 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Hey Phil, this is just outside a town called Servigliano, in the Marche region, about a third of the way down the Adriatic coast. If you can get past the beer glass (big ask here), across those fields, you’ll hit the sea (45 minutes or so). Next stop Croatia. 
I reckon you’d like the tucker here mate, I’ll post a cuppla piccies on the grub thread 

That sounds cool, I love Italian food/culture as I do Eastern European etc. So thanks for answering I was taken by the view in the background & the beer of course !

• Like 1

I am getting into a Russian Imperial Stout sent by @Green BlobIt is strong in all characteristics. Appearance is jet black with a nice head that lingers throughout the glass, coating it in an off white lace as you finish this surprisingly crisp 9% beer, very crisp and too easy to drink. A floral aroma met me at the glass but was quickly accompanied by coffee and caramel which flowed through to the taste which was surprisingly crisp but with a strong bitterness that balances the strong flavours and aromas. I am not picking up any alcohol aroma or taste which is great for a 9% beer.

Absolutely a cracking beer that has an amazing malt backbone that comes front and center. The floral aroma was amazing, it was like being greeted by a bouquet then shown the fresh grains, it was something that I wasn't expecting but drew me back for more. I keep touching on the crispness but this RIS goes down smooth, while really highlighting what malt can do when it is the star but with a strong supporting class.

Truly appreciate the beer and thank you again,

Norris

20210618_181549.jpg

• Like 7

@Green Blob

1. Cascade Saison

2. RIS

3. Amber IPA Saison

All the beers were excellent but the cascade saison was right down my alley followed closely by the RIS and the amber was just behind them. All great beers in their own right. Excellent brewing Mate!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norris! said:

crisp 9% beer,

I think it is more like 11%

2 hours ago, Norris! said:

Excellent brewing Mate!

Thanks heaps...

BTW for all the viewers out there - NO temperature control

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

BTW for all the viewers out there - NO temperature control

My dad would be proud, although I think his is more like temperature out of control 🤣

Just out of interest what yeast did you use for the RIS?

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, Graubart said:

What are the hops and the hopping regime @MitchBastard @iBooz2 you pair of Aussie Pub Lager Legends?  😋

@Graubart and @Mickep My version of Mitchie boys pub lager in the pic posted above was (for 23 L batch) 70" total boil as it was predominately Pilsner malt.  15 g PoR @ 60",  10 g EKG @ 30",  10 g PoR @ 30",  10 g EKG @15"  10 g EKG whirlpool for 20".  No dry hop.

My made up recipe of "Leigh's Lager was (for 23 L batch)  60" total boil as it was predominately Pale Ale Malt.   8 g Super Pride @ 60",  15 g PoR @ 10".  No dry hop.

Edited by iBooz2

21 hours ago, Mickep said:

Hey Boozer, is Mitch's APL recipe somewhere on the forum? Also keen to know the hops regime on this one too.

@Mickep I will see if I can find his original version and put up a link to his post.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

BIG BEER REWARD

I think I deserve a Big Beer, this morning I have been to the LHBS for my Stout ingredients, bottled 46 Litres of Beer, cleaned to 30l FV's so I have afforded my self a big glass of Belgian Ale, even tilting the glass & pouring ever so gently I have this humongous head & it lingers so no complaints there, it is a really nice beer & so smooth. I am sure most of you have made/tried it, if not you should, very easy drinking. I used LME & Hallertau Hops.

Happy Camper

Cheers

Phil

20210619_130943 (2).jpg

• Like 6