Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

20 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

do you have trouble with those plastic gas and beer connections?

Try a light smear of food grade lubricant on all the posts.  Saves grauching the "o" rings and the connectors will just "Schmick" on and off with hardly any effort.  You can get it any plumber supply store where they sell tap repair kits & stuff or Bunnings or LHBS.  You will be surprised how easy this will make it.

Cheers - AL

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Try a light smear of food grade lubricant on all the posts.  Saves grauching the "o" rings and the connectors will just "Schmick" on and off with hardly any effort.  You can get it any plumber supply store where they sell tap repair kits & stuff or Bunnings or LHBS.  You will be surprised how easy this will make it.

Cheers - AL

I already have some from brew shop for the seals on kegs and never thought of this thanks for help I already broke one beer connection so might just upgrade to brass anyway but nice tip thanks

Aaaah Test Cricket.... and a big bad IPA... 8.3% and 250g hops... is a bit severe and hence is known as:

1347 Black Death

image.thumb.png.07356dc39397ae7549f6cd5da68a808b.png

Atlas Base Malt, Munich, Wheat Malt, Carafa III, Chocolate, some Acidulated and a bit of Roasted Barley

Hops 100g Columbus at FO and then 150 of Gal-Moz-Chin in the keg ; )

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa crash-bang-wallop!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Red devil 44 is that a pool in back ground? forget the missus checking your brew temps ill take the rest of summer off work to make sure they ok when u go away 🍻

Also how long did u leave that brew on 15 psi for? looks good

@jamiek86 yes my, little in-ground pool 5m x 3m with a spa, great in summer, i also solar heated it.

‘That brew was on 15PSI for around 8 days, the CC for 3 more, tastes divine 🍻🍻

• Like 1

Side-by-side taste-test.

Made from 1.7kg Coopers Canadian Blonde can and 1.5kg Morgans Pale Malt Extract.  Split in two.  One had the liquid from a Lemondrop hop steep added at kegging time.

I was surprised how nice the Canadian Blonde can was. 

Aroma was beery in both.  I could not detect any difference in aroma, so the Lemondrop hop steep added nothing in that regard.

The bitterness was at a good level in both.  There was an extra level of flavour in the Lemondrop version.  The Lemondrop version did seems to ever so slightly reduce the bitterness.

Nice malty flavour to both as well.  

This is the first time I have used this can.  It does not have the 'reputation' of the Australian Pale Ale or the Mexican Cerveza.  However, it is just as good.  I will use this can again.

IMG_2152.thumb.JPG.2e9ef504095a6a115fe29e0694e0afb5.JPG

• Like 14

Could not help myself, just had to have a taste of my first AG batch.  Only been at 2 C for a couple of days of the cold crash and not carbed up yet as last boost of pressure I put in there yesterday has all been all absorbed up.  Its a light beer approx 3.7% and will be an easy drinker on a hot day.  Tastes just like the stronger summer ale I make but obviously thinner so next time will mash at a higher temp and tweak the grain to get some more body.

Cheers - AL

First taste of AG batch #1 direct from Fermzilla resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 11

Dass Alto, well my version of it.

Lovely caramel amber ale aroma.  I might have gone a bit hard on the amber malt side of things.

Really well balanced flavour though, if I do say so myself.  The aroma says I might be a bit too sweet.  However, the hop boil and steep has added neutralising bitterness.  The pseudo lager affect of low temperature fermenting with Nottingham has also added a crispness that probably helps even out the taste.  I am really happy with this beer.  Is was from one of the bottles I filled before kegging the rest.  No spot for the keg yet.  Great head retention too.  The photo does not capture the more gentle transition in colour through the glass.

Love this one. 8/10

IMG_2157.JPG.d2855f7f04ce352d83df11f92aba5ace.JPG

• Like 13

@Shamus O'Sean I also have used the Canadian blonde can heaps the first time i started brewing 10 years ago it was the summer of 2011 floods everywhere on east coast. I was buying the can plus BE1 and and 500 grams LDM from the local IGA that was all and kit yeast to 23 litres. was better than if done same to aus pale ale. Old fv with airlock but have not used since

and have to admit no hydrometer readings kept it warm mid 20s and bottled in 7 to 10 days never had bad one but got lucky I had other ones blow up but not CB

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yes it has 😄  Does that mean i'm too slow drinking my Hefes? 

No no mate I see it more like you are having quite a nice range... some HWs to begin with and then some Kristall... variety is the spice of life mate ; )

• Like 2

Woohoo first 2021 Brew and very first pour.... Pale Mozzie... think the Mosaic hops recently procured from KL might be a bit tired as I don't reckon as much aroma grunt as last Mozzie... but still very süffig or as they say in New South Wales... Slurpable haha!  Cheers all ye Brewhahas and have a great weekend! 🥳

image.thumb.png.109ce682ee164716e9f5e47b499aa1eb.png

• Like 13

On 1/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, John E Miller said:

Pilsner malt,

That is what I need at the moment haha - got plenty of other stuff but not stocked up well with Pils malt haha!?!

That brew looks very very nice JEM... what temp did you ferment at?