Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 hour ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

A little saison character and lots of Brettanomyces character.

Looks truly to be the goods Greeny - nice work!

Will you ever be able to kill off those voracious Saison/Brett yeasts out of your FV mate?

7 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Looks truly to be the goods Greeny - nice work!

Will you ever be able to kill off those voracious Saison/Brett yeasts out of your FV mate?

Got two dedicated glass carboys for the flanders reds mate and a bug only plastic FV/bottling bucket for doing lacto beers and bottling the flanders reds. My kviek sour was a good beer for a first try so will be doing another in the next few weeks. Enjoying playing around with the sours. The missus loves it too. She loves a shandy and reckons the sour shandy is the ducks nuts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Ale. Gladfield Munich, Veinna, Wheat. Hopped with Cascade and Amarillo. Very goodly. 

This one's an Ale PM - was that last one you posted a Weizen - that was to be eaten with a Bratwurst - if so - what yeast was it with and what are your reports re comparing to Bavarois?  (Bavarian)

Edited by Graubart

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

This one's an Ale PM - was that last one you posted a Weizen - that was to be eaten with a Bratwurst - if so - what yeast was it with and what are your reports re comparing to Bavarois?  (Bavarian)

Yep BB. Ale this one. Used US-05.

My Joe White Wheat i used Lallemand Abbaye Belgian. 

Both tasty beers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Delicious All Grain Wheat Beer. 

Bloody hell PM, you are on fire with all your AG brews.  Glad you survived Mitchell Street.  I think I left part of my liver down the North West end somewhere along with my breakfast, lunch and dinner back when I last tried "the pub crawl" from one end to the other.🤪  Where are you picking up your recipes?

Cheers - AL

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, Titans19 said:

so you think it was cleaning? Or brewing process?

Dunno matey, sour yeast smell maybe infected in the transfer or infection was already in the keg being filled or in any lines used.  May have taken some time to get going and grow in your beer.  I think I know the smell you are referring to, like when I empty the FV into a keg but don't clean it of trub for a day or so due to time constraints and its been sitting at ambient temps.  When I do hose it out, yes I get that sour yeast smell.

Is it getting any worse as days go by?

Cheers - AL

• Thanks 1

Few beers with the Cricket going into the Tea break... come on the Baggy Green!

Same Wort as the Pink Panther - but fermented with Ale Yeast and added a bit of dry malt for a change-up on the lighter Lager-style crisp Pink Panther... and bottled not kegged - herewith the festive Pink Flamingo Ale (PFA).  Definitely more Aley than the Panther and heavier re alc from dry malt in the little FV plus Coopers Lollies in the Swingtop... but a lovely drop all the same 🥳    Suspect me Megaswiller mates that loved the keg-pour Panther would not enjoy the Flamingo as much.

image.thumb.png.a6e0f14ac9f5eeac44592d8b7ab3e66a.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

All Mosaic kveik ale, mo, wheat and oats. Was hazy clearing in keg. This was a rush brew Xmas eve, no chill, cube and dry hopped. Very tasty. 

20210115_184639.jpg

Hey HH,

That looks bloody nice mate!

A fair bit clearer than my last Kveik beer with a similar recipe ( no oats in mine though)

How big was the dry hop?

Was it Lallemand Voss Kveik?

Cheers

James

2 minutes ago, James Lao said:

Hey HH,

That looks bloody nice mate!

A fair bit clearer than my last Kveik beer with a similar recipe ( no oats in mine though)

How big was the dry hop?

Was it Lallemand Voss Kveik?

Cheers

James

150g cube hop and dry hop was 100g. Yes Lallemand Voss Kveik. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 5:16 PM, iBooz2 said:

Dunno matey, sour yeast smell maybe infected in the transfer or infection was already in the keg being filled or in any lines used.  May have taken some time to get going and grow in your beer.  I think I know the smell you are referring to, like when I empty the FV into a keg but don't clean it of trub for a day or so due to time constraints and its been sitting at ambient temps.  When I do hose it out, yes I get that sour yeast smell.

Is it getting any worse as days go by?

Cheers - AL

It hasn't got any worse from when it turned bad really. But it's still terrible.  Such a shame as it was so good.

I stupidity didn't realise you could get an infection from the beer line. I figured liquid went one way through it so didn't think it could ruin your beer. I've only ever just rinsed them with the hose (its a pluto gun) as it easier. Maybe this is where the infection came from.

I'll be pouring this out, giving it a good clean, and then a day in the sun I reckon..

Cheers

• Sad 3

kegged bookmaker pale ale with Amarillo hop tea. 9 days in keg on 13 psi not as carbed as I would have liked it to be but maby wasn't cold enough. keggerator was on 5 degrees but only one keg in it. so maby needed to be colder to allow better carbonation? @Shamus O'Sean do you have trouble with those plastic gas and beer connections? my beer one was in there unconnected for the 9 days but moved that flap back and forward multiple times and was still a prick to get on. was trying to do it while in fridge though maby if took it out and pushed down? can you over carb a keg on serving pressure? thinking needs more time but had heard week on serving done the job

20210116_181613.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

kegged bookmaker pale ale with Amarillo hop tea. 9 days in keg on 13 psi not as carbed as I would have liked it to be but maby wasn't cold enough. keggerator was on 5 degrees but only one keg in it. so maby needed to be colder to allow better carbonation? @Shamus O'Sean do you have trouble with those plastic gas and beer connections? my beer one was in there unconnected for the 9 days but moved that flap back and forward multiple times and was still a prick to get on. was trying to do it while in fridge though maby if took it out and pushed down? can you over carb a keg on serving pressure? thinking needs more time but had heard week on serving done the job

Looks alright to me.

I do have trouble with the plastic beer and gas disconnects.  On some kegs the spring-loaded function does not work and I have to manually push down the outer ring to lock them on.  However, I do not think it is the disconnects, but rather the poppet inside the post. 

I was having trouble with some posts.  I got a box of spares when I got my second hand kegs.  I changed the type of poppets to one with shorter springs or less spirals (cannot remember which).  The disconnect then worked fine.  I think the other poppets were just a bit higher when compressed.  So when you push on the disconnect, it was not quite getting on far enough for the ball bearings to neatly sit in the post groove and spring lock in place. 

• Like 1

@Shamus O'Sean its a malty brew so has a good head anyway just doesn't seem to have that fizz compared to a well primed bottled brew. Being only my second kegged beer I guess I've got playing around to do.  I have same issue when trying push them in sometimes easy others was like connection wasn't big enough but because only just got into it I thought maby I was coming from wrong angle or doing something. I might get the brass ones for spares Incase break one see if they better.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks alright to me.

I do have trouble with the plastic beer and gas disconnects.  On some kegs the spring-loaded function does not work and I have to manually push down the outer ring to lock them on.  However, I do not think it is the disconnects, but rather the poppet inside the post. 

I was having trouble with some posts.  I got a box of spares when I got my second hand kegs.  I changed the type of poppets to one with shorter springs or less spirals (cannot remember which).  The disconnect then worked fine.  I think the other poppets were just a bit higher when compressed.  So when you push on the disconnect, it was not quite getting on far enough for the ball bearings to neatly sit in the post groove and spring lock in place. 

I put a bit of keg lube on the posts / disconnects and it stopped my issues with them gumming up etc.

Dead easy now to get them on and off.

Just make sure gas is to gas and beer is to beer!!

I paint penned a G and a B next to the posts ages ago, but that’s another story!

Cheers

James

• Thanks 1