Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Would go beaut with a dozen South Aus Oyster Kilpatricks. Yum.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh STOP IT... 

Coffin - Smoky - or Streaky Bay PM?  

I would be very happy to have any of the three or ALL OF THEM hahah!?!🥳

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Yes please stop with the oyster kilpatrick.  They have gotta be natural IMO otherwise sacrilege to everyone from Tassie to Ceduna!

And I would kill for a big feed of fresh cooked yabbies.

Cheers - AL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Cowell Oyster lad. I get them 10 bucks a dozen, plucked from the sea that day. Shell is as big as the palm of your hand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Cowell Oyster lad. I get them 10 bucks a dozen, plucked from the sea that day. Shell is as big as the palm of your hand.

Oh WOW.  Truly a beautiful thing PM.  A truly beautiful thing. 

And @iBooz2 apologies Boozer - I do love the oyster from the sea as is mate - but was thinking PM's killerpatrick might be good to balance this monster black brew that I am drinking... and maybe if yer got loadsa oysters doing something a little different from time to time is not such a bad thing mate a change is as good as a holiday ; )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

Oh WOW.  Truly a beautiful thing PM.  A truly beautiful thing. 

And @iBooz2 apologies Boozer - I do love the oyster from the sea as is mate - but was thinking PM's killerpatrick might be good to balance this monster black brew that I am drinking... and maybe if yer got loadsa oysters doing something a little different from time to time is not such a bad thing mate a change is as good as a holiday ; )

20210103_180459.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Big bitter bitey Black IPA...  a big bad wallllllloper....

Oooooooooh the Black was just too dark and troublesome after a while and having no Oysters KillerPatrick.... 

Have gone back to the Bright Side of the Road...

image.thumb.png.20d70441d64c957902800ec05305c02b.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Graubart thanks for that I just wasn't sure about how much exactly would sit on bottom and if it would do any harm being sucked through the tubes.  I might just have a bit of patience and cold crash them in fv to start with until get better at it.

Just to give you an idea of how much yeast when you cold crash in the FV first, here is a pic of a keg I cleaned today.

IMG_2140.thumb.JPG.78f2ae4e9136e2c323454cf57ae1f863.JPG

I cold crashed and fined this beer before kegging.  The dip tube should be in the dimple in the middle, but you get the idea.  I think that the layer of yeast at the bottom would be less thick than the layer of yeast you get in a typical bottle of home brew.

This beer poured clear as.  Even though some yeast got into the keg.

I imagine that on the first few pours, the yeast surrounding the dip tube is sucked out.  As long as you do not disturb the keg, the rest of the yeast remains too far away from the tube to be sucked out.  My beer is usually pretty clear by the second glass

If you did not cold crash in the FV, the yeast would come through for more pours.  I have always cold crashed in the FV, so cannot advise on how many glasses until before it would flow clear.  I would toss the first one, but they should get better pretty quickly.

• Like 5

@Shamus O'Sean thanks mate i reckon ill just be patient and keep cold crashing them all i have liked the effect it gives bottling kegging should be no different i suppose. If i ever cant or wont do it i suppose its just less clear for a few pours. The haziness itself doesn't bother me but get more upset in guts if too much yeast hanging around.

• Like 2

I shouldn't have put this here just yet but I can see things with this beer. Just kegged. All Grain Ale. Clear off the bat. Also very tasty. When she's carbed I can only see getting better. As Homer Simpson would say...............Mmmmmmmm Beer.

20210104_212108.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I shouldn't have put this here just yet but I can see things with this beer. Just kegged. All Grain Ale. Clear off the bat. Also very tasty. When she's carbed I can only see getting better. As Homer Simpson would say...............Mmmmmmmm Beer.

looks like the kind of beer you could bring 'home' to meet the folks 🙂

• Haha 2

still on the eclipse pale ROTM recipe. it's a nice tasting beer but head retention not so much. this is about 20 seconds after pour. first time i've used oats (250g golden naked oats that came with the kit), maybe that's the reason it doesn't have as much 'life' as what i'm getting from steeped/mashed grain?

IMG_6587.jpg

• Like 5

Wowweee as I said the other day in your favourite beer for 2020 post I found three bottles of ag smoked porter in my cupboard from August 2019. This beer is still my favourite with a smoke aroma and it is smooth as silk at 29 ibus and 5.7%. If I brewed this in 2020 it would be my favourite. I wasn’t sure how it would taste after a year and nearly a half especially being in the garage with nearly two hot summers but it is awesome😋. Head retention isn’t the best don’t know if that is because of the olives I am eating but delicious will be making again 🍻 

FC1A5E4D-B14F-494C-A2E7-10E556DA93B6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1