Coopers Community

Pilsner

MdK

Now the temperature signed by the lyquid crystal thermometer is 18-20 (the 18 is colored of blue and the 20 of green, so the temperature is about19 correct?)

This temperature is ok?

4 hours ago, MdK said:

Now the temperature signed by the lyquid crystal thermometer is 18-20 (the 18 is colored of blue and the 20 of green, so the temperature is about19 correct?)

This temperature is ok?

Sounds right.  19°C is fine.  The final gravity (1.009) you mentioned in your previous post is usually an estimate.  It can vary a little bit from that.  The main thing is that it becomes stable around the expected FG.  Then you can bottle, or cold crash first, to help settle out the yeast and make the beer clearer, and then bottle.

That’s great news Emanuele. 
I don’t know what your final gravity FG will be, just make sure it’s constant for 2 days. 
Other more experienced brewers may be able to tell your what your FG will be but they will need all your ingredients and how many litres. 

in bocca al lupo

13 hours ago, MdK said:

I mesure the gravity and it is 1001...

The OG is 1036 is ok or something is wrong?

That gravity is very low.  What does your hydrometer measure in plain water? It might be badly calibrated or possibly damaged.  It should read 1000 in plain water.

I tried with water at 20 degree and the gravity is 998 so I have to add 0002 to the gravity of the beer...

So the og is 1038, ipotetic fg is 1009,5 and the mine is 1006, 3 point of different is ok or is it too?

What is the name of the yeast you used and how many grams?

Sounds like fermentation is finished so if the FG stays at this same reading for two days in a row then its time to cold crash it down to about 2 C for severeal days. This will clear the beer. 

Cheers - AL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MdK said:

I tried with water at 20 degree and the gravity is 998 so I have to add 0002 to the gravity of the beer...

So the og is 1038, ipotetic fg is 1009,5 and the mine is 1006, 3 point of different is ok or is it too?

Your values seem fine.  1006 is in the lower range that I would expect.  But it is possible. 

Being 3 points different to the predicted FG is common and not a worry.

As Ibooz2 says, if it stays stable (of if it has been stable for a few days), it will be ready to cold crash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is stable for over 24h, so now its timo for cold crash!

About the priming I will use sugar, so it has fermented 11 days at 10-13 degree, 5 days at 18-20 and now 1 week at the lowest possible (about 5C)

The volume of CO2 is 0,85 correct?

To calculate the gr of sugar: (2,5-0,85)x4x23= gr of sugar

(2,5 is final carbonation, 0,85 the CO2 in the beer because it reach 20 degree and 23 are litres of beer)