Coopers Community

Some Xmas fun, what was the first CD you bought ?

Red devil 44

I don't remember my first CD for sure but it was probably AC/DC Dirty Deeds. I'm pretty sure my first LP was something from KISS. Probably Hotter Than Hell, but might have been Dressed To Kill. My older brother had all the AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Dead Kennedys, Talking Heads etc albums, so I didn't need to buy them myself.

6 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

First CD was Appetite for Destruction by Guns n Roses.

First LP (where's the emoji for "in a muffled voice with hand over mouth") Arrival by Abba

When I was about 10 years old I ventured into John Martin's, a major department store in Adelaide. They were running school holiday promotions and I won a choice between an ABBA t-shirt or an Elton John t-shirt. I chose the Elton t-shirt because I thought it would be a bit sissy to wear an ABBA one. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

First CD was Appetite for Destruction by Guns n Roses.

First LP (where's the emoji for "in a muffled voice with hand over mouth") Arrival by Abba

Re ABBA, Was that the fold out album cover with the helicopter picture?

My sister had that one.

• Haha 1

My first simultaneous purchases were vinyl, Rolling Stones Some Girls and Joe Walsh But Seriously Folks.
I don't listen to Joe much these days.  I'd probably rate Some Girls the last great Stones album. 
I bought quite a lot of records but would tape someone else's where I could.