Coopers Community

wonder if we can go to afl games next year.

jamiek86

On 11/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, Lab Cat said:

Don't get me started on the Eagles...

why do you just live there and go for a Victorian team or that other one over there no one cares about? 🤣 who.are they again 🙄 sorry insaid anything you did say not to start 😇

There is another team in WA you know. WC were a nasty piece of work under Malthouse, did their level best to try and get Freo go under from the moment they started. Malthouse didn't want his power base reduced. WC were used to having the pick of WA talent, and created a state team in the early 90s. Never mind the culture of drugs that has seen scores of them arrested, a few die and Ben Cousins permanently addicted. With Ch7 being a major sponsor. it's also a cosy media club of bias.

And I haven't even started...

Edited by Lab Cat
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lab Cat said:

There is another team in WA you know. WC were a nasty piece of work under Malthouse, did their level best to try and get Freo go under from the moment they started. Malthouse didn't want his power base reduced. WC were used to having the pick of WA talent, and created a state team in the early 90s. Never mind the culture of drugs that has seen scores of them arrested, a few die and Ben Cousins permanently addicted. With Ch7 being a major sponsor. it's also a cosy media club of bias.

As a Cats supporter I can concur. Hate WC with a passion. I'm obviously biased though. Can't stand them. I remember those dark days in the nineties. They were arrogant and aloof under Malthouse. But they were a great side no doubt about it. I feel your pain LC.  

11 hours ago, Mickep said:

But they were a great side no doubt about it. I feel your pain LC.  

Gifted a state team - they got full AFL support to get up and winning early, got priority pick and first dibs at the best WA players like GWS and GC, but unlike them, succeeded because WA is a footy state. Freo by comparison, got nothing.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, Mickep said:

As a Cats supporter I can concur. Hate WC with a passion. I'm obviously biased though. Can't stand them. I remember those dark days in the nineties. They were arrogant and aloof under Malthouse. But they were a great side no doubt about it. I feel your pain LC.  

we are all one eyed in judging our own side and others i personally hate the cats along with hawthorn as the other one at top of list. was really hoping bald head ablet broke his arm at start of granny because I feel he got away with too much in his career same as most other players with big name like danger. you would think this about wc players we see what we want to see and thats fine with me its what makes us passionate.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:27 PM, Lab Cat said:

lol forgot about this post havent even started? surprised you didn't bring up the bike club over there that supplied the club with the means for a habit. out partying every weekend getting on the gear and still played better footy than most thats pure talent. with today's salary cap and days of the Eagles top picks and Malthouse behind us their is no reason freemantle are worse off apart from people picking the Eagles as the better club to follow. with the amount of sour grapes you have you should be making wine. 🍷

Edited by jamiek86

Pretty sad you excuse drug use because of talent. Chris Mainwaring's family would disagree. Some recent light reading on their tainted flags.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/damning-west-coast-eagles-drugs-dossier-made-public-20170321-gv2j4u.html

Nothing to do with sour grapes, I know the history, been there from the beginning and saw it all, and the backroom stuff from the AFL.

1 hour ago, Lab Cat said:

Pretty sad you excuse drug use because of talent. Chris Mainwaring's family would disagree. Some recent light reading on their tainted flags.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/damning-west-coast-eagles-drugs-dossier-made-public-20170321-gv2j4u.html

Nothing to do with sour grapes, I know the history, been there from the beginning and saw it all, and the backroom stuff from the AFL.

were you a helper at afl games? seen it all from the beginning? were you helping Malthouse? There is no need for excuses football players are like everyone else apart from getting on the news for things normal people wouldn't be on it for. Did taking recreational drugs mean they were cheating at the game some how? sour grapes you chose to go for the 2nd afl team in the West who is no good you made that choice. why not embrace one of 2 teams in afl in a huge state? I was really hoping you would reply with yay eagles good going brother and we would have some common ground to bond with. I threw the bait not even realising you were that hard done by and chose the shit end of the stick my apologies.