Coopers Community

My First Coopers Lager

Brew Bro

Just bottled my first one as well on Cup day last week and looking forward to opening it up for a tast in 3 1/2 weeks. Thanks to the old man getting me into it and laughing at me complaining about the price of beer so only made sense to venture down this road. Already have next brew planned which will be a draght with citra hops (dry hopped). Like many have sooo many plans to get into kegging and so forth down the line. Though the boss has told me I have to wait for that until we buy a house early next year lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, selz13 said:

Just bottled my first one as well 

Wow Selz so cool - well done mate and hope it goes well - and just be very sure that there are just so many opportunities that lie ahead!!!  And welcome aboard mate - great stuff!

Just by the wayside... there are a few cracking threads on here that you may find useful... you may know them already.... some have a year attached to them..... but you prolly know how to search to find something like the below anyway....

• What's in your fermenter
  • What are you drinking in 2020
  • Today's Tastings
  • It's kegging time
  • What are you growing
  • What's on your barbecue
  • What are you listening too right now
  • Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet
  • Daily diary of a virgin (first ever) home brew!

Are all pretty festive threads... too be sure there will be lots more.... but I reckon the above are all pretty useful.

Huge range of Brewers - KnK (Kit n Kilo) - full malt - adjuncts - through to partials - full on all grain - and then going into home grown hops and tropical fruit and herbs and all sorts... 

IF you are starting with the Coopers Kits - Shamus @Shamus O'Sean is steering the ship on this very resourceful spready and it might be very useful for you... Cheers mate and welcome aboard!

My only brief advice is - it is easier to brew ales than lagers to begin with - and try using tins of Coopers Liquid Malt (as well as BE2s and BE3s) to add to your Coopers Kit base... mmm and temp control is a beautiful thing ; )

image.thumb.png.21122b05933c99f41a3c6633beeddaf8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Wow Selz so cool - well done mate and hope it goes well - and just be very sure that there are just so many opportunities that lie ahead!!!  And welcome aboard mate - great stuff!

Just by the wayside... there are a few cracking threads on here that you may find useful... you may know them already.... some have a year attached to them..... but you prolly know how to search to find something like the below anyway....

• What's in your fermenter
  • What are you drinking in 2020
  • Today's Tastings
  • It's kegging time
  • What are you growing
  • What's on your barbecue
  • What are you listening too right now
  • Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet
  • Daily diary of a virgin (first ever) home brew!

Are all pretty festive threads... too be sure there will be lots more.... but I reckon the above are all pretty useful.

Huge range of Brewers - KnK (Kit n Kilo) - full malt - adjuncts - through to partials - full on all grain - and then going into home grown hops and tropical fruit and herbs and all sorts... 

IF you are starting with the Coopers Kits - Shamus @Shamus O'Sean is steering the ship on this very resourceful spready and it might be very useful for you... Cheers mate and welcome aboard!

My only brief advice is - it is easier to brew ales than lagers to begin with - and try using tins of Coopers Liquid Malt (as well as BE2s and BE3s) to add to your Coopers Kit base... mmm and temp control is a beautiful thing ; )

image.thumb.png.21122b05933c99f41a3c6633beeddaf8.png

Hi Bearded,

thanks so much for all the info and much appreciated and I will have a look at the for sure. Yeah I did already see the spreadsheet and needless to say already got the latest version and looking at a few of them to try hahaha. I think I need to get another fermentor and more bottles to keep up with all that I want 😬😁

First upgrade on the cards though is better temperature control as I have been told the bath option was a first time only option hahaha. So thinking of getting a free fridge off Facebook locally and setting that up. 

• Like 1