Coopers Community

Kitchen sink IPA

King Ruddager

15 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

Explain how. What things?

Instead of just dumping all of them together and doing a ratio of the AA take specific hops and blend for citrusy, tropical and/or dankness, like Hairy said make your own blend to get the flavours and aromas you really want versus what might come up.

So something like 60% citrusy/tropical fruit hops, 20% dank hops and 20% floral hops or something like that for a hazy ipa.  Or adjust the ratios for 60% dank, 20% fruity and 20% floral for a west coast ipa. You would still work out the AA for bittering and stuff but focus on teasing the flavours and aromas you want to stand out. Think falconers flight versus Trident hop blend, FF seems more dank with some tropical notes while Trident seems very tropical and fruity.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 7:03 AM, King Ruddager said:

Also willing to take suggestions on a grain bill for this one

I like dry beers. so I don't use too much crystal, or what not anymore. What I use is Raw Wheat to provide body.  up to 4% for Pales or IPA's. 

Try something simple like 50% pale, 44% Pils and 4% Raw Wheat and if you need acid, 2%, if not, add this to the Pils.

Be a fruity XPA

Either way. Interested to see this how go on the Fast Homebrew Channel.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 6:44 PM, King Ruddager said:

Ok, how's THIS for a hop schedule?

(27L batch, OG of 1.061)

Hops Schedule.jpg

This is going to be pretty good from the looks. So much goodness!!! I am with Cap, I cannot wait to see this tasting video.

• Like 1