Coopers Community

The world is now a worse off place - Why has Shamus bean pretty quite these last few days

Shamus O'Sean

Hi Folks, This social media is an awkward place sometimes.  It is also a source of great support.  I have made a lot of virtual friends through this forum.  I hope to extend these friendships after Covid is sorted out.  

Some of you may have noticed my absence for a few days.  This is because, the world is less of a place now.  My sister Sue lost her battle with cancer on Saturday just gone.

Sue was 52.  She had two girls.  16 and 14.  Plus a husband that I adore.  I do not care what anybody says, this is not fair.

So please touch base with family.  Let them know how much they mean to you.  You never know what will come down the pipeline to f**k sh1t up.

Vale Susan Leigh Ferguson (nee Hardingham).

• Like 2
  • Sad 17

Sorry for your loss Shamus. You’re right,it is unfair. Grossly and horribly unfair. Cancer is an insidious and relentless mongrel of a thing. A bright light has been extinguished far to soon. I know your dear sister will live on in your memory. The memories will become gentler as time passes ,but will, I’m sure, always bring a smile. Tough times,mate. All the best.

• Thanks 1

I am also sincerely sorry for your loss Shamus.  I too only just noticed this thread and know where you are at, as I also lost a younger brother and just recently his wife to cancer.  Both taken way too young.

Life deals us some serious blows sometimes.  Hopefully the sun will shine on you and your family again soon and things will get better because I know they do.  It will be a tough road for a while.

Stay strong.

Cheers Mate

• Thanks 1