Coopers Community

Newbie Questions

Bateo

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That's what I use.  The brew shop ones are fine too.

I also use a small funnel that fits in the bottles otherwise I would have sugar all over the place. 

ahhh a funnel is the missing part of the picture then 😉 ive got a few small ones so it looks like ill be good to go

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, amberfiend said:

ahhh a funnel is the missing part of the picture then 😉 ive got a few small ones so it looks like ill be good to go

The best ones are these... They don't have 3 sizes but they DO have the cutout, (which gives you the measure and the funnel in one) so you fill to the bottom of the cutout for the right measure then tip the long side to the neck of the bottle. At worst you may be a bit too enthusiastic and get a little sugar on the lip of the bottle but to spill it over the bench/floor you'd have to be pretty incompetent. 😄

primespoondbl.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

The best ones are these... They don't have 3 sizes but they DO have the cutout, (which gives you the measure and the funnel in one) so you fill to the bottom of the cutout for the right measure then tip the long side to the neck of the bottle. At worst you may be a bit too enthusiastic and get a little sugar on the lip of the bottle but to spill it over the bench/floor you'd have to be pretty incompetent. 😄

primespoondbl.gif

i think they had them at bigw but i thought id wait and see what else was around first

On 9/15/2020 at 10:31 AM, Mickep said:

Light dry malt with Liquid dry malt

For sure - but you will sacrifice head retention and mouthfeel by not using the liquid malt... or what a partial mash.... or all grain will provide

the liquid malt helps heaps to attain that 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, amberfiend said:

if it does get too messy ill pay a bit more for the cubes, im already learning how sticky the floor in the kitchen can get from a bit of stray dry malt etc, gotta be careful with that stuff yeah lol

Yer can always bulk prime hey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Okay, just bulk primed and added my sugar to the brew and stuffed up and disturbed the trub. It's got awful cloudy.

How long can I wait for it to settle before I'd need to start bottling because I've added the sugar.  TIA

Don't worry about cloudy beer it will clean up in the bottle. You should bottle now as the priming with sugar is to create CO2 in the bottle. If you leave it, your CO2 will just go into the air and you will have flat beer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

Don't worry about cloudy beer it will clean up in the bottle. You should bottle now as the priming with sugar is to create CO2 in the bottle. If you leave it, your CO2 will just go into the air and you will have flat beer.

Cheers mate many thanks