Coopers Community

SA brewing comp Now open

Mark D Pirate

Hi guys and ladies,  hopefully this doesn't upset admin team we are getting close to SABSOSA yet again for SA/ NT residents. 

This is shaping up to be our biggest ever comp and likely the biggest in Australia this year. 

Entries are open , and will be limited places. 

Judges( experience preferred)   and stewards are still needed .

Since we as a commitee decided to use BJCP styles instead of AABC there will be a lot more medals to go around but still quality feedback from experienced judges and pro brewers 

Good luck!!  

Mark C

SABC events coordinator / SABSOSA committee 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Journeyman said:

For future reference, do you have a link that explains HOW to enter a comp? e.g. do we have to label our beers according to BJCP or is our best guess good enough and we get told later what it should be? 😄

It's up to the entrant to decide what style it is. 

Bjcp.org will get you the style guidelines , flavour and balance are the critical aspects,  colour doesn't really matter much since its only 1.5% of the total score. 

Once you've decided what style it is you head to https://www.sabsosa.com.au/ to enter or register as a steward or judge 

All other info is on the web site as well. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Journeyman said:

For future reference, do you have a link that explains HOW to enter a comp? e.g. do we have to label our beers according to BJCP or is our best guess good enough and we get told later what it should be? 😄

The way it goes for me is that I brew up a bunch of random nonsense, decide to enter it because it's awesome, try and figure out where it fits in the guidelines and then get told "WRONG!!!" by the judges 😂

• Haha 3

Hey everyone the Victorian Homebrew competition is kicking off! (Sorry for stomping on your post Mark)

Send your entries in and they will be judged accordingly (by me) and there is a $5 entry for each brew. PM me for details. ( I am just going to take your money and beer and give you 30 points while naming my beers the winner in all categories and then post pictures on Facebook of me drinking them while spending your cash on hops).

Good luck everyone!

Norris

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Mark D Pirate said:

If any of the forum members are interested to attend( Get me?  )   I'll be easy to spot .

Tall,   Greek godlike stature and wearing rather unique headgear and a charming smile 

One hopes there might be other items of clothing...? 😄