Coopers Community

I'm nervous about Coopers online store maintenance

Malter White

The Coopers online store website has been undergoing maintenance for the past few days. Questionable timing coinciding with the release of ROTM and Fathers Day promotions.
I've also noticed Drakes have had large price increases on their online shopping prices in the past few days. About $5 per Orignal Series tin.
I'm quite nervous what Coopers prices might be once the "maintenance" is completed.

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

I've also noticed Drakes have had large price increases on their online shopping prices in the past few days. About $5 per Orignal Series tin.

I hope that doesn't carry over to the shop - I get my cans from there. I'll wander in later today and have a gecko.

1 minute ago, Journeyman said:

I hope that doesn't carry over to the shop - I get my cans from there. I'll wander in later today and have a gecko.

Me too, JM. Please let me know. I won't have a chance to get to s store for a few days.
My local Drakes at Newton has been about $12.50 for the OS tins. They were about $13something online but I only purchased in store myself. Now they're $17.59 and the Pale Ale is $20.42 online.

I hast some good news and some bad news... 😄

The bad news is the prices have gone up in Drakes - didn't check Woolies. But the $12.50 cans are up to $16 and the APA to $19. (approx)

The good news is they hadn't changed th e labels on the shelf in my Drakes so I got 5 cans Real Ale at $12.50. 😄 (and they removed all the labels to replace them with the new prices)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

I hast some good news and some bad news... 😄

The bad news is the prices have gone up in Drakes - didn't check Woolies. But the $12.50 cans are up to $16 and the APA to $19. (approx)

The good news is they hadn't changed th e labels on the shelf in my Drakes so I got 5 cans Real Ale at $12.50. 😄 (and they removed all the labels to replace them with the new prices)

Thanks for the info, JM.

After reading your comment I made a hasty trip to Drakes on my meal break hoping I'd be as lucky to not have the prices changed yet. I wasn't. 🙁

• Sad 1

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

...The bad news is the prices have gone up in Drakes - didn't check Woolies. But the $12.50 cans are up to $16 and the APA to $19. (approx)

Is this a Drakes pricing shift off their own back, or is this driven from an increase in purchase costs by the brewery?

I understand there is a fair lot going on with the effects of COVID-19, but (if true) that is a fair shift from one financial year to the next.

I would be interested in Coopers position/thoughts on this one.

Cheers,

Lusty.

3 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

Is this a Drakes pricing shift off their own back, or is this driven from an increase in purchase costs by the brewery?

I understand there is a fair lot going on with the effects of COVID-19, but (if true) that is a fair shift from one financial year to the next.

I would be interested in Coopers position/thoughts on this one.

Cheers,

Lusty.

@Coopers DIY Beer Team- Is it a Coopers price increase? Or Drakes?

(oops, didn't realise you'd already tagged them in)

Edited by Journeyman

14 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks for the info, JM.

After reading your comment I made a hasty trip to Drakes on my meal break hoping I'd be as lucky to not have the prices changed yet. I wasn't. 🙁

Bugger! Maybe check a Woolies?

Just checked. Woolies has gone up but only to $13.60 for Real Ale and $16.60 for Pale Ale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Bugger! Maybe check a Woolies?

Just checked. Woolies has gone up but only to $13.60 for Real Ale and $16.60 for Pale Ale.

The Woolies stores near me don't stock HB gear anymore. I'll head into Dan's tomorrow and grab a few bundles of Pale Ale and BE2 for $20. That's often how I make the APA, plus a bit of hops. 

I see that the Coopers site is back up and there may have been some price increases but a quick look and those rises do not look excessive to me. I have not gone into detail as yet, maybe someone can confirm my quick look?

• Like 1

Coopers Online prices look the same to me. So it seems it's just the retailers have upped the prices. 

I blame covid - the increase in HB'ers means they've seen an increase in popularity so they are raising prices to cash in. Although it's possible Coopers raised the prices for resellers because they were being undercut by them. 😄

Either way, I think Coopers is going to see a bit of a rush on extract orders during the grace period of free shipping. 😄