Coopers Community

Site issues

Marty_G

1 hour ago, Olemate said:

No problem with Firefox and McAfee Livesafe, just tried. Cheers

Wow Firefox there is a blast from the past.   I used that for years then started having issues with it. Cant remember what they were may have been something to do with speed? So went to Chrome and was very happy with that until I tried Opera which is a ripper of a browser. Love the built in VPN. I have @Journeyman to thank for the heads up on that.  Just tried on Chrome and same problem so it has to be AVG doesn't like something. 

18 minutes ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Wow Firefox there is a blast from the past.   I used that for years then started having issues with it. Cant remember what they were may have been something to do with speed? So went to Chrome and was very happy with that until I tried Opera which is a ripper of a browser. Love the built in VPN. I have @Journeyman to thank for the heads up on that.  Just tried on Chrome and same problem so it has to be AVG doesn't like something. 

I've never liked AVG - had to deconstruct too many registry files to remove it over the years. Plus it slows everything down.

23 minutes ago, EL84 said:

I've started to receive a similar warning from Kaspersky using Firefox. It only appeared a week or so ago, prior to that it is was fine.

I know they have been having some issues with the site for a couple of week. Journeyman had another thread about an error code many of us were getting. 

3 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Hey @PB2 having issues with the site this error code comes up when I try to access the recipes section.   

ghghghghg.PNG

@Coopers DIY Beer Team - maybe something to look at? That's 2 different virus apps now plus 3 browsers. So likely not a local to PC issue? I'm not seeing it on Chromium (Linux browser) and Privacy Badger & Ublock Origin are not triggering. Maybe diy site has been listed in the virus DB's?

Edited by Journeyman

Firefox has 250 million users. Chrome is Google and spies on you. Opera used to be great then became bloatware.

For browsing in particular you can't beat Firefox with Duck Duck Go.

As for AVG they ripped me off $130 some years ago when they stopped being a Czech hero company and got sold to India. Then the constant AVG spam started to pop up on my screen daily. Pity because they were great in their Czech days.

Edited by Bribie G
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @UncleStavvy,

Our site is scanned for security each day and is currently secure.  Our tech team have been investigating this and working on resolving a niggly bit of code which is throwing these messages. 

You are welcome to give Online Store Suppot a call and they can process the order securely over the phone if you are a Coopers Club member - 1300 304 938.

Cheers, 

Coopers DIY Beer Team

• Like 1