Hunty77

Australian Pale Ale

Hi all!

About to start a brew Coopers ‘Australian Pale Ale‘....is there anyone who thinks this brew could be enhanced with hops etc? I’m new to the whole process, so keep to here if this is fine (with the Coopers Enhancer) or if it needs ‘more’.

Any tips appreciated.

cheers!

The Coopers Pale Ale is quite good by its self. If you are new to brewing a good approach is to brew the Pale Ale with the Coopers enhancer. If you like the style the next brew of Pale Ale could be dry hopped with say Citra Hops then you can try something more adventurous with the next brew. You are then starting to enter The Rabbit Hole!!

• Thanks 1

I've never done any dry hops but I have added hop teas to the APA. Usually around 20g steeped for 30 minutes added to the brew when mixing it all together. EKG hops was good, Cluster hops were even better. Keep in mind, this is my tastes. Yours may differ.
Good luck with it.
Oh, I usually add brew enhancer 2 as my fermentable.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Thanks 1

Look at the sharkfin summer ale

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/shark-fin-summer-ale.html

I’ve changed it up a bit

200gr golden promise malt

12gr cascade in the boil for 30 min

12gr galaxy in the boil for 20 min

then as per the original recipie until dry hop which is 15gr of cascade and same of galaxy, and because I like it fruity once I think the SG has started to level, I put an extra 15gr of galaxy in, then keg it the following evening.

Due to supply issues I’ve substituted galaxy with citra for my last keg and will get a taste of that this week sometime. And now I’ve also run out of cascade so substituted that for Amarillo. As you can guess I like the nice citrusy flavour and aromas.

• Thanks 1