Coopers Community

Lamington Stout final SG?

Ferg

Hi guys.  I'm new to brewing Stout styles and wondering if anyone has experience with the ROTM Lamington Stout.  I have done my first SG measurement yesterday and waiting for it to plateau but interested to know what the approximate final SG to expect before bottling?  Yesterday was 1.015

8 hours ago, Ferg said:

Hi guys.  I'm new to brewing Stout styles and wondering if anyone has experience with the ROTM Lamington Stout.  I have done my first SG measurement yesterday and waiting for it to plateau but interested to know what the approximate final SG to expect before bottling?  Yesterday was 1.015

Hi Ferg

My quick calculations say that 1.015 is pretty close.  As long as you are close to what you expect the FG to be, the next thing is for it to be stable over at least two days.  Then you can think about bottling.

• Like 1

Thanks very much @Shamus O'Sean.  Much appreciated.  Still sitting at the 1.015 last night so I will wait another day or so and get it in to bottles. Is there any risk leaving it longer in the fermenter at this point (could I wait until the weekend) or do I risk contamination etc?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferg said:

Thanks very much @Shamus O'Sean.  Much appreciated.  Still sitting at the 1.015 last night so I will wait another day or so and get it in to bottles. Is there any risk leaving it longer in the fermenter at this point (could I wait until the weekend) or do I risk contamination etc?

It will be fine to wait until the weekend.

• Like 2