Coopers Community

Ashes Ale

davids47

@davids47 I have not made the Ashes Ale but made plenty of the Lightning Strike Summer Ale which uses EKG hops / Northern Brewer combo and no grain additions.  In fact I brew this one about every 4th batch.  Uses the Canadian Blonde kit as against the APA and slightly less hops as no dry hop.  Simple to do and very nice drinking beer so have a look at this recipe as well if you want to use up those EKG.

Cheers - AL

Edited by iBooz2

I've never been tempted to brew it mate, but there are some clever brewers in the  Coopers recipe department, prehaps they had David Boon in mind when they created this recipe because Boony was alleged to have drunk 52 beers in 1989 on a flight to England for the Ashes.

These were the days when beer & cricket went hand in glove, now days it's sandpaper & glove.

16 hours ago, Popo said:

I have always thought a rating system which allowed comments and thoughts on the finished recipes would be a good addition to the recipe section. It would help a lot of people out.

Sorry @davids47. That doesn't really help you out at all. Hopefully someone else who has brewed it will chime in.

I have thought the same for a while, all these recipes and not a lot of info,

and thanks to others for info