Jump to content
Shamus O'Sean

Lamington Stout - July 2020 Recipe of the Month

Recommended Posts

Tempted but I've already got three brews in the pipeline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shamus, I know you are a brewing expert, but how can you even know what is happening before the CDIY members presale email even goes out!? 🤔

Edited by pilotsh
Typo- added "email"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Tempted but I've already got three brews in the pipeline.

That's slack. I have FIVE brews in the pipeline and I am still tempted!

😀😋
 

🥳

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, pilotsh said:

Shamus, I know you are a brewing expert, but how can you even know what is happening before the CDIY members presale email even goes out!? 🤔

I got the email two days ago 🤔

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pilotsh said:

That's slack. I have FIVE brews in the pipeline and I am still tempted!

😀😋
 

🥳

If i plan too far ahead my Homer Simpson brain overthinks everything and i go into meltdown 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I got the email two days ago 🤔

Ah, yes, I went back and checked: it blended into my forum post email alerts! *facepalm*

*graciously crawls back behind his newbie rock* 

🤗

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered one, it sounds interesting.
I also note that it contains both liquid malt AND dry malt. BB won't be happy!

😊🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pilotsh said:

I just ordered one, it sounds interesting.
I also note that it contains both liquid malt AND dry malt. BB won't be happy!

😊🤣

Be sure to add it to your diary here when you kick it off and finally taste it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Be sure to add it to your diary here when you kick it off and finally taste it.

Definitely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 18C - 22C. "

I notice on the recipe the Brew Temperature guidance is now more accurate and realistic!  👍

Thank you very much Coopers!  😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pilotsh said:

"Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 18C - 22C. "

I notice on the recipe the Brew Temperature guidance is now more accurate and realistic!  👍

Thank you very much Coopers!  😍

Love your work. If you don't ask you don't get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys 

here's a quick tip for anyone else thinking about giving this recipe a go or sampling it before bottling / kegging and not satisfied. 

i found that it was quite bitter for the style and coconut aroma was almost too subtle to notice. maybe coz i'd tried this ripping coconut vanilla milk stout a few weeks earlier.
https://www.batchbrewingco.com.au/products/small-batch-coconut-vanilla-elsie-milk-stout

so for anyone wanting to amp up the coconut and sweetness, here's what I did:

after trying beer 12 days in and realising it wasn't popping enough flavour - i added 75ml of coconut extract (from health food shop - don't use supermarket coconut essence) and 500gm lactose then let it marry for a further 2 days before bottling. 

only recommend for those that really love coconut - but i was happy with the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to admit that I brewed this and am really enjoying it.  The coconut I can certainly taste (as can the wife and she isn't a beer drinker) and there is a very subtle chocolate flavour as well which I notice.  I would definitely make this again. 

There was another coconut inspired brew recently that Shamus mentioned was like drinking cherry ripe.  I might be tempted to give that a go but I have a few other ROTM that I purchased that I have to do first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...