Coopers Community

Worlds longest transfer goes to......

Me.

far out. Not what I wanted to be doing on a Sunday evening with a hang over.

transferred my NEIPA to the keg this arvo....got about a litre in and the tap clogged the hell up. Continuously. 

put some pressure on the keg and blew it back up the dip tube And into the tap a few times. After I got bored of that every 100ml, I stood there and tapped the tap continually for a while. That got old pretty quick too so I went back to letting it trickle in at about 1ml per hour. Went and had dinner and come back and thought stuff it.....Opened up the lid and with another bit of hose just let it run in the old school way rather than in the dip tube.
I persevered with about 11ltrs as a semi closed transfer and the remaining 8 or 9 were through the lid.

I purged the hell out of the keg once she was full but on a scale of 1 to oxidised how much Chance you rekon ive got Of having a damaged beer after that episode?

oh  and not to mention I’d run out of sanitiser so the new hose I introduced to the equation was only rinsed with hot water. It was brand new though. 

pray for me

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

Me.

far out. Not what I wanted to be doing on a Sunday evening with a hang over.

transferred my NEIPA to the keg this arvo....got about a litre in and the tap clogged the hell up. Continuously. 

put some pressure on the keg and blew it back up the dip tube And into the tap a few times. After I got bored of that every 100ml, I stood there and tapped the tap continually for a while. That got old pretty quick too so I went back to letting it trickle in at about 1ml per hour. Went and had dinner and come back and thought stuff it.....Opened up the lid and with another bit of hose just let it run in the old school way rather than in the dip tube.
I persevered with about 11ltrs as a semi closed transfer and the remaining 8 or 9 were through the lid.

I purged the hell out of the keg once she was full but on a scale of 1 to oxidised how much Chance you rekon ive got Of having a damaged beer after that episode?

oh  and not to mention I’d run out of sanitiser so the new hose I introduced to the equation was only rinsed with hot water. It was brand new though. 

pray for me

Chances of infection when you have the keg stored at fridge temps is pretty low. Plus you have the benefit that there is already alcohol in the beer so I think in that aspect you will be fine.

As for the oxidised situation, I doubt you will have an issue. I (personally) think that some people are waaaaaaay over the top (not on this forum but in other places) about oxygen exposure.

I make pretty hoppy beers (sure not a NEIPA), and fill the old school way with nothing but air in the keg, a tube to the bottom, fill quickly, fit the lid and purge straight away. I have never had an oxidised taste in my beers that I can taste.

She'll be right!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Popo said:

Ah, man. I can just picture all of that happening haha. The hose - do I? Don't I? Ah, f@ck it, I'm doing it anyway.

Lol it’s wasn’t that much of an ordeal. I was past it by that point. Wanted the dog in the keg already 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Lol it’s wasn’t that much of an ordeal. I was past it by that point. Wanted the dog in the keg already 

Just hop that the hop matter doesn't clog the disconnect on the kegs.

They say these things come in 3's 😂

• Haha 1