Coopers Community

IPA recipe recommendations

Hey Brewers,

Putting down my first extract brew tomorrow and have a tin of IPA and 3 packs of dry light malts,  hops on hand are cascade and mosaic.  I would like to try something that requires a boil for hops but open to all suggestions.

cheers

7 hours ago, BuzzBrewz said:

Hey Brewers,

Putting down my first extract brew tomorrow and have a tin of IPA and 3 packs of dry light malts,  hops on hand are cascade and mosaic.  I would like to try something that requires a boil for hops but open to all suggestions.

cheers

Hi BuzzBrewz, The Brew A IPA can is already a high bitterness hopped extract.  So a boil might take that to extreme levels.  The Brew A IPA can features in all of the Hop Slam IPA recipes on the Coopers website. 

There are some great ideas there.  However, none of them involve Cascade and Mosaic. 

Depending on your beer taste-buds you could do a dry hop of 25g Cascade and 25g Mosaic and see how you like it (you will like it).  If you are intent on a hop boil, maybe do 10-15g of Cascade for 10 minutes in 3L of water with 300g of the LDM.  Then dry hop with 12g Cascade and 25g Mosaic.  

Cannot really go wrong with those hops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 12:05 AM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi BuzzBrewz, The Brew A IPA can is already a high bitterness hopped extract.  So a boil might take that to extreme levels.  The Brew A IPA can features in all of the Hop Slam IPA recipes on the Coopers website. 

There are some great ideas there.  However, none of them involve Cascade and Mosaic. 

Depending on your beer taste-buds you could do a dry hop of 25g Cascade and 25g Mosaic and see how you like it (you will like it).  If you are intent on a hop boil, maybe do 10-15g of Cascade for 10 minutes in 3L of water with 300g of the LDM.  Then dry hop with 12g Cascade and 25g Mosaic.  

Cannot really go wrong with those hops.

Excellent advice 👍

• Like 1