Coopers Community

2nd Bottle Ferment

JoeB7

25 minutes ago, Lab Cat said:

I have the same issue this time of year, the garage is too cold. I smuggle a carton or 2 into a warm spot inside. Can you get them warm for a week? That should be enough, the yeast is only dormant.

As @Lab Cat does, when I bottle lately (Melbourne winter), I sneak the bottles inside and stash, but my wife has woken up to that trick.  As I have dates on the lids she has agreed to allow them a leave pass for 3 weeks in the warm from the date on the lids.  I told her a small fib and said they needed 3 weeks minimum.  Because I frequently bottle and shuffle the ones inside (first in first out buffer) she has not minded the endless parade of cartons (for the time being) but do not know what she will do if the SHTF.  Carefully and stealth-fully is the only way to go unless we have a dinner party which is highly out of the question in the current environment so all is good.

Therefore I say "so far so good"

Cheers - AL

• Haha 4

Stick this one here rather than start another thread. Just about to bottle the fresh draught. What's the correct temp for 2nd fermentation using W34/70 yeast?  I can do them in the spa at 21° or in the fridge at 10-12°. Recipe says over 18° but is that trustworthy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UncleStavvy said:

Stick this one here rather than start another thread. Just about to bottle the fresh draught. What's the correct temp for 2nd fermentation using W34/70 yeast?  I can do them in the spa at 21° or in the fridge at 10-12°. Recipe says over 18° but is that trustworthy?

First option mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1