Coopers Community

Irish stout.

Hi all. I am thinking of trying the Irish stout in the recipe section which is pretty basic ingredients.  1 Irish stout tin and 1 kg BE3. Any suggestions on anything else I could add to get a more flavour?

Honestly GMAN81, 

Its a malty beer, I would just go with that.

My All Grain recipe is so simple and delicious. 

66% Pale malt, 8% Roasted Barley, 25% Flaked barley and the rest is just good luck.

Its bittered at the start of a 60 min boil with East Kent Goldings.

Yeast, S04 or Irish Ale  Wyeast 1084. 

As you can see, its really simple. Hey, if the Irish can do it well...............

Some people will say add lactose, and that can be ok if you want to "cream" it up but, if its a dry Irish stat you want. Just go with that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Honestly GMAN81, 

Its a malty beer, I would just go with that.

My All Grain recipe is so simple and delicious. 

66% Pale malt, 8% Roasted Barley, 25% Flaked barley and the rest is just good luck.

Its bittered at the start of a 60 min boil with East Kent Goldings.

Yeast, S04 or Irish Ale  Wyeast 1084. 

As you can see, its really simple. Hey, if the Irish can do it well...............

Some people will say add lactose, and that can be ok if you want to "cream" it up but, if its a dry Irish stat you want. Just go with that.

Thanks for your reply.  Ended up going normal stout can as my LHBS had no Irish can. 1 kg of dextrose and 500g dark malt, 25 g fuggles hops steeped for 30 mins. Will let you know how it turns out.

• Like 1