Coopers Community

Extract tin limits

On 6/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, MUZZY said:

@Coopers DIY Beer Team

With Covid19 restrictions gradually easing is there any news on easing the limit of 6 cans of extracts purchased per order? 

I could have asked this via email but it might be useful for others to know also.

Thanks.

Hey Muzz,  I have not long placed two orders in quick succession, hitting the limit of six on order 1 then logged out and back in again immediately and placed order 2, again hitting the limit of six.

Don't know if I should be doing this but being the cheeky fella I am it worked for me.

Cheers - AL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Muzz,  I have not long placed two orders in quick succession, hitting the limit of six on order 1 then logged out and back in again immediately and placed order 2, again hitting the limit of six.

Don't know if I should be doing this but being the cheeky fella I am it worked for me.

Cheers - AL

Thanks Al but I mainly order liq malt extract, which are only about $11 each. I need to order more than 6 to hit the $100 mark for free delivery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, iBooz2 said:

And what happened to @Goodsy post here?  I See it if the summary but nothing in the thread itself.

Did you say something really bad @Goodsy  and become the invisible person?

I think if you post, then come back and delete the post, it doesn't rewrite the post log, so we still see him as the latest post but it's gone.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:24 PM, iBooz2 said:

And what happened to @Goodsy post here?  I See it if the summary but nothing in the thread itself.

Did you say something really bad @Goodsy  and become the invisible person?

Cheers - AL

Ha!  Sorry for the mystery guys!  Been a while, but I think I posted a question re: ordering / delivery but then found the answer and so deleted it...  

umm, must be gettin’ old - can’t even recall the question now 🙂

On 6/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, MUZZY said:

Thanks Al but I mainly order liq malt extract, which are only about $11 each. I need to order more than 6 to hit the $100 mark for free delivery.

That is a dilemma, I'm glad I got 16 malt extracts just before rationing started. 

I got heaps of brew cans from the last Big W 20% sale as well ready for six cooler months of brewing two brews a fortnight.

I think the limit for free shipping was $80 last week, I got six pale ales, easier than going to Dan Murphys.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hope the 6 can limit on LME lifts soon?

I use unhopped cans of Light and/or Wheat as my base, and the extra freight from ordering 6 at a time is a bit off putting (plus you can't get over the limit when free shipping pops up).

Dan Murphy and Big W are the only options within 100kms, and neither stocks unhopped lme 😞

whats this "FREE SHIPPING" for orders over a $100 ???

i put an order in a few weeks ago for nearly $200 and had to pay $15 shipping on the order, plus had to cop the six can limit 😞 i actually would have brought twice as much so as to absorb the $15 shipping fee if they let me..

how do you get the free shipping option ?

im also a little confused by the following fineprint

*Limited stock available. Offer available until stocks last. Delivery within Australia only.  Free shipping only applicable on ROTM Pack, all other items in your cart will incur shipping fees. No further discounts apply including Coopers Club.

i was checking out the the new ROTM and thinking i might like to try it out, but if im going to place an order i will probably want to grab several other things at the same time etc. also night now on the site there is a free shipping for orders over $80 until 13th september. so if i ordered the ROTM KIT and say for example 4 tins of malt extract. would my order get the free shipping for having a total of somewhere over $90 ? or would the the 4 tins of malt be looked upon as a separate order totaling just over $40 ?

is any of the coopers team are watching this thread and you want my business ? please step in and set the record straight here 😉

@amberfiend, in my experience, the value of the ROTM and the extra cans you order add together to make your order total.  So a ROTM plus a couple of cans adding up to $90 will get you the free shipping.  You do not have to order the ROTM plus $80 worth of stuff.  Just double-check this as you step through the ordering process and quit before the final step, but I think it will be fine.

Also make sure you are signed in to the website with your Coopers Club credentials so you get the Coopers Club discount on the other items.

Free delivery on the ROTM, stays available until stocks sell out, even if that is after 13 September. 

If you order outside of the free shipping window, you have to pay the $15 flat rate. 

If you buy 4 cans of the Mr Beer Craft series cans in one order (with no other items) you also get free delivery of these at any time.  Check this from time to time.  It is still current now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@amberfiend, in my experience, the value of the ROTM and the extra cans you order add together to make your order total.  So a ROTM plus a couple of cans adding up to $90 will get you the free shipping.  You do not have to order the ROTM plus $80 worth of stuff.  Just double-check this as you step through the ordering process and quit before the final step, but I think it will be fine.

Also make sure you are signed in to the website with your Coopers Club credentials so you get the Coopers Club discount on the other items.

Free delivery on the ROTM, stays available until stocks sell out, even if that is after 13 September. 

If you order outside of the free shipping window, you have to pay the $15 flat rate. 

If you buy 4 cans of the Mr Beer Craft series cans in one order (with no other items) you also get free delivery of these at any time.  Check this from time to time.  It is still current now.

cheems shamus, it seems seems to be all good once ive tallied up a few extra bits in the shopping cart so i might make one last decent order and i'll have enough stuff to keep me going well into the new year lol

*what a shame they dont sell basic grains and hops on the site as well eh , would save me running around melbourne trying to grab odds and ends during covidarama season

Edited by amberfiend
  • Like 1

@amberfiend 
Just so you are clear on the free shipping:
It is usually offered once a month when the recipe of the month is released and is available for about a week.
The purchase threshold to get free shipping varies but is usually $100, or $80 as it is currently.
As Shamus has pointed out you don't have to buy ROTM to get free shipping.

A little tight@rse tip from Muzz: Purchase items that aren't always available in retail outlets like the Thomas Cooper range or liquid malt extracts. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I would be interested to know if you buy the ROTM, does it count toward your six can limit?  Can you get the ROTM and six cans in one order?

Good question and I don't know the answer. Stand by! I'll make a dummy order and see if it allows it.

8 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Good question and I don't know the answer. Stand by! I'll make a dummy order and see if it allows it.

24 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I would be interested to know if you buy the ROTM, does it count toward your six can limit?  Can you get the ROTM and six cans in one order?

It seems you can order the ROTM plus 6 tins. I was only able to order the craft recipe of the month as the other ROTM was sold out already but I added 6 tins of Canadian Blonde and it happily applied all items.
In fact you can order 6 ROTM (craft) and 6 tins of extract without issue. I did this and then tried ordering 7 tins of extract and then the warning flag went up.
You can even order 7 Craft ROTM and 6 extract tins. Bizarre!

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MUZZY said:

In fact you can order 6 ROTM (craft) and 6 tins of extract without issue. I did this and then tried ordering 7 tins of extract and then the warning flag went up.
You can even order 7 Craft ROTM and 6 extract tins. Bizarre!

Yep just found this out too, very bizarre.

Tried to order another 200 x ROTM on top of my previous massive order of ROTH and bugga me they have all sold out.  Cannot work out why particularly when they are so early in the release. 😳

Cheers - AL

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Yep just found this out too, very bizarre.

Tried to order another 200 x ROTM on top of my previous massive order of ROTH and bugga me they have all sold out.  Cannot work out why particularly when they are so early in the release. 😳

Cheers - AL

I've never actually ordered a ROTM so I don't know how quickly or slowly they sell normally but if this one has sold out quicker than usual I suspect it might have something to do with people being stuck at home. I know AusPost have been very busy this year due to online shopping.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, MUZZY said:

I've never actually ordered a ROTM so I don't know how quickly or slowly they sell normally but if this one has sold out quicker than usual I suspect it might have something to do with people being stuck at home. I know AusPost have been very busy this year due to online shopping.

I was just taking the piss MUZZY.  I did not order 200 only 20.

The postage is the problem, not the price but the bloody delay!  14 days to get into Melbourne.  I think my shipment must be coming via row boat from BrisVegas.

Cheers - AL

• Like 1