Jump to content
Geewhizz

Light dry malt instructions missing from pack

Recommended Posts

Good morning folks,

Have just bought some Light Dry Malt and a 1kg Brew Enchancer to attempt my second ever brew - the first one was alright a couple of years ago, we just threw in some brewing sugar, but thought this time I'd do a bit of research and hope for a tastier beer.

To the point though, the packs are both missing any instructions as to how to mix - I don't want to cock it up before even starting. All the recipes on this site just say "See top flap" but there's nothing on mine..

Anyone able to take a snap of the instructions from their box? 

 

Appreciate any help

Geewhizz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @Geewhizz

Boil some water (1-2 ltrs), tip into fermenting vessel, drop in LDM & BE, swirl to help dissolve (lumps aren't an issue), throw in your can and stir while filling to half quantity with water (cold tap water). Monitor the temp & add some warm/cool water to get desired quantity (22-23 litres usually) & yeast pitching temp (depends on yeast type, but around 22-23°C is good. Lid on, keep around 22°C for 6 days (average). Check gravity until steady over 2 days. Bottle/keg and you're done .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Geewhizz said:

Good morning folks,

Have just bought some Light Dry Malt and a 1kg Brew Enchancer to attempt my second ever brew - the first one was alright a couple of years ago, we just threw in some brewing sugar, but thought this time I'd do a bit of research and hope for a tastier beer.

To the point though, the packs are both missing any instructions as to how to mix - I don't want to cock it up before even starting. All the recipes on this site just say "See top flap" but there's nothing on mine..

Anyone able to take a snap of the instructions from their box? 

 

Appreciate any help

Geewhizz

You did buy a can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

Welcome @Geewhizz

Boil some water (1-2 ltrs), tip into fermenting vessel, drop in LDM & BE, swirl to help dissolve (lumps aren't an issue), throw in your can and stir while filling to half quantity with water (cold tap water). Monitor the temp & add some warm/cool water to get desired quantity (22-23 litres usually) & yeast pitching temp (depends on yeast type, but around 22-23°C is good. Lid on, keep around 22°C for 6 days (average). Check gravity until steady over 2 days. Bottle/keg and you're done .

Perfect thanks!

 

47 minutes ago, Titan said:

You did buy a can?

Yes have a can and the enhancers, it's an old can so bought a new sachet of yeast. Following a recipe I've seen on here, fingers crossed it comes out well.

 

Geewhizz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, Geewhizz said:

Yes have a can and the enhancers, it's an old can so bought a new sachet of yeast. Following a recipe I've seen on here, fingers crossed it comes out well.

 

Geewhizz

You'll do fine mate 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...