Coopers Community

Coopers Best Extra Stout in Cans?

Beerlust

@Coopers

Given the recent release of Coopers Pale Ale in cans, the release of the XPA in cans, & the more recent release of Coopers Sparkling Ale in cans, there's really only one mainstay beer left in the ranks that has yet to be released in cans. Coopers Best Extra Stout.

Firstly, are there any plans to release the product in cans?

Secondly, would Coopers entertain the idea of using the "widget" that is commonly used in the Guinness Draught cans in the production of their stout cans? It has helped to grow that brand extensively worldwide & very well here in Australia. Coopers Stout $#!^$ all over Guinness Draught BTW.

Imagine this.... Coopers Best Extra Stout cans with the widget. Then that creamy pour into a glass.... 🤤🤤😀🤤

Yum!

I would be interested in Coopers thoughts on this.

Lusty.

• Like 4

Guinness on tap and in the bottle are two different beers though. The bottled version has always been the more roasted and bitter beer, different taste, different ABV. Coopers don't have an equivalent to Guinness' tap version.

19 minutes ago, Lab Cat said:

Guinness on tap and in the bottle are two different beers though.

The question I've posed has nothing to do with what is poured on tap, purely what is packaged. Guinness offer two packaged beers, the Draught in a can @ 4.2% ABV & the true stout @ 6.0% ABV (I think?). I quite like the 6.0% stout version that their reputation is sort of built on.

28 minutes ago, Lab Cat said:

...The bottled version has always been the more roasted and bitter beer, different taste, different ABV.

The 'draught' version in cans & what is served on tap is indeed different to the bottled true 'stout' version. I've been drinking Coopers Best Extra, Guinness Draught, Guinness Stout, & Southwark stout as a mix very regularly over roughly the last 2 weeks. Very enjoyable drinking & comparing.

32 minutes ago, Lab Cat said:

...Coopers don't have an equivalent to Guinness' tap version.

....and I pray they never go down that same dilution path with their terrific stout. An unnecessary step that would only undervalue & underrate the reputation of the true product.

Lusty.

34 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

....and I pray they never go down that same dilution path with their terrific stout. An unnecessary step that would only undervalue & underrate the reputation of the true product.

And that's my point. Guinness have two versions of their stout, and Coopers have one. You suggested putting a widget in to nitro it, but Coopers don't do a version like this. It would be a different beer, and may need reformulating if they wanted to.

8 hours ago, Lab Cat said:

And that's my point. Guinness have two versions of their stout, and Coopers have one. You suggested putting a widget in to nitro it, but Coopers don't do a version like this. It would be a different beer, and may need reformulating if they wanted to.

No need for a different beer, just drop the widget in it. 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...