Coopers Community

bottling problem :)

Leandro96

Hey Guys! i want you to ask you a question about bottling, after i bottle the beer and i leave to take place 2- 3 - 4 weeks of the other fermentation, can i just leave the bottles in any other room temp or in the fridge? for the year to come? or should i just get a box and place them there? thank you!

I usually condition mine for 2 weeks in my brew fridge controlled at 17-21'C than move to a cupboard in the laundry which prob about 5-10'C this time of year & 10-25'C in summer.

I did have some in the metal workshop shed this year which I forgot about, it gets bloody hot in there, easy over 30'C & a couple of bottles just about burst & both beer & bottles had to be thrown away

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leandro96 said:

Hey Guys! i want you to ask you a question about bottling, after i bottle the beer and i leave to take place 2- 3 - 4 weeks of the other fermentation, can i just leave the bottles in any other room temp or in the fridge? for the year to come? or should i just get a box and place them there? thank you!

All my beers are kept in a cupboard at room temperature. They should be kept above 18 to start with, so the bottle fermentation can happen and after that, it's up to you. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, my Stout has been sitting on about 1012/1013 for the past 3 days, currently at 18.9C / 19C. Would it be safe to bottle my Stout today and store it for 2 weeks around 18C? 

Cheers 

39 minutes ago, AVNGE said:

Hey guys, my Stout has been sitting on about 1012/1013 for the past 3 days, currently at 18.9C / 19C. Would it be safe to bottle my Stout today and store it for 2 weeks around 18C? 

Cheers 

Sounds finished, how long has it been in the fermenter?

7 hours ago, Panther Branch Brewing said:

While drinkable at three weeks in the bottle I find they continue to improve even out to three to four months.

Pale ales will have blanded out by then. They're all about the hops, which only hold aroma and flavour for so long. I find they all start dropping off after 2 months. Dark beers, sure, keep them a year or so. I had my last Scotch ale from last July that was malty and fairly sweet to begin with and didn't hide the 6.5 ABV, and after a few months mellowed noticeably. Not a complex flavoured beer, but malty smooth.

I'd probably give it another day for the yeast to clean up fully then bottle it. If it's been at the same SG for 3 days already then it doesn't need to be in there any longer than that. 

You could cold crash it for a few days or a week before bottling it if it's in a brew fridge but probably not that beneficial for a stout. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Thanks 1