Coopers Community

Digiboil

kierank

Hi guys, it's been a long long time since I've been on this forum. My  question is has anyone used the 65lt Digiboil units for  BIAB? I am thinking of buying one and moving away from my old brew keg and gas burner, simply for  better temp control. Has anyone used one this size plugged into a normal 10amp power point with all 3 elements working? Also if you are only using the 2 elements, how long does it take to get from mash temp to boil.    Cheers Kieran

I have moved to having a HLT for my BIAB. It is a 20 litre urn I bought of Gumtree for $20. I have a thermo well in the lid and the temp is controlled by an InkBird. This keeps the temp stable within less than 0.5c of the mash temp. I set the immersion coil up in the tank and recirculate the wort through the coil the same way as a HERMES coil would work. I then use the coil as the chiller at the end of the boil running water through it. Works a treat and the quality of the beer has improved.  It was a pretty easy solution to the temp control issue of the mash when using a gas burner. Anyway that is an another option. 

20200530_095833.jpg