Coopers Community

My latest brew coconut milk stout

Royce75

Nine days ago put down a Coopers Irish stout with a 1kg of ldm, 200g lactose sugar, 100g of coconut sugar, 20ml coconut essence, along with 150gram mix of dark crystal and chocolate crystal cracked Infusion. I used safale Nottingham yeast. Well nine days later it’s in the bottle. The sample was awesome not too sweet and yes the coconut came through on the palate very subtle. I’ll get back to you all in two weeks! 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey mate how has the beer turned out? I am super keen to try a RIS with Coconut just unsure how I should be adding the coconut (i.e during primary fermentation or racking into a secondary fermenter then adding coconut). 

Any advice appreciated! 

1 hour ago, AVNGE said:

Hey mate how has the beer turned out? I am super keen to try a RIS with Coconut just unsure how I should be adding the coconut (i.e during primary fermentation or racking into a secondary fermenter then adding coconut). 

Any advice appreciated! 

Mate turned out bloody awesome. I added it all at the start
After I bottled it had a sample at 9 days and it was good now 4 weeks later I’m on the last few longnecks and it’s even better. Total brew volume was 21 litres. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Royce75