Coopers Community

Back into it after a long lay off.

Pale Man

Hello all. I'm back into the brewing after quite a while out of it. I'm going to call myself a beginner again just to refresh my methods and enthusiasm.

My plan is to start off simple with kit and kilo and bottle, just to get the feel back. Move up to kegging, then all grain and keg. 

My first brew back was a Mangrove Jack Australian Pale Ale, dry hopped with Ella and Citra. I bottled it a few days back. I've just put down brew 2, which is a stock builder but should be ok. Coopers Real Ale, a kilo of light dry malt and US-05 yeast. I'm thinking of a dry hop with fuggles not sure yet.

Anyway, here starts my next brewing chapter, wish me luck 😀

• Like 5

On 5/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, Hoppy81 said:

Welcome back Ad's, look forward to test tasting 😀

Here ya go Hoppster. First taste of brew one. Seven days bottled under some cold conditions so it's obviously green. But bloody delicious. Very drinkable already. I'll save ya two long necks when I think it comes close to your high standards 😘 

IMG20200522075537.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 5:16 PM, Pale Man said:

Hello all. I'm back into the brewing after quite a while out of it

Welcome back aboard home brewing train. Looks like you're about a month behind me - I am just about to kill my first keg - now  I am scrambling to get batch # 2 moving along. I thought 19l of beer should at least last a month not two weeks.

Looks like you've had a successful first batch which is awesome.

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

My Mrs has already said I can have a three keg Kegerator. It's on for young and old.

Nice that the Minister of Finance has ok'ed it. I took one look at bottling, said stuff that and started the process of recommissioning the kegerator. Are you buying one of pre-done kegerators from Kegland? If so look at the four tap version. An extra tap could come in handy if you want have sparkling water or cider for the wife, would leave you with three taps available.

Edited by NicolasW
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 11:32 AM, NicolasW said:

Welcome back aboard home brewing train. Looks like you're about a month behind me - I am just about to kill my first keg - now  I am scrambling to get batch # 2 moving along. I thought 19l of beer should at least last a month not two weeks.

Looks like you've had a successful first batch which is awesome.

Nice that the Minister of Finance has ok'ed it. I took one look at bottling, said stuff that and started the process of recommissioning the kegerator. Are you buying one of pre-done kegerators from Kegland? If so look at the four tap version. An extra tap could come in handy if you want have sparkling water or cider for the wife, would leave you with three taps available.

Yes would be a good idea except they only hold 3 kegs. 🙃🙃

Brew #2. Coopers Real Ale. One and half kilo of light malt. I did a strange thing and dry hopped with Fuggles. Three days in the bottle and baby Jesus wept. Why am I not kegging this shizzle? I'd buy this stuff.

IMG20200527002537.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...