Coopers Community

SWEET NECTAR KOLSCH - APRIL 2020 CRAFT RECIPE OF THE MONTH

19 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Looking forward to this one. Will be saving the yeast from this too!

Sounds good.

Like many I missed out on these recipes this month.  Coincidentally, I had bought the ingredients for the Island Toasted Coconut Porter earlier on the same day the Coopers email came out.  Therefore, I hesitated on the Belgian Chocolate Stout and by the time I decided, what the hell, one is a Porter and the other is a Stout, I will get them both, they were sold out.  On the bright side Coopers are investigating if they can source more ingredients to re-release more of these recipes.  Watch this space I guess.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Sweet Nectar Kolsch - April 2020 Craft Recipe of the Month in pdf file for those outside of Aussieland to be able to see the recipe.

Respect to @Coopers DIY Beer Team for including a pdf on the Forum home page.  My post means it will always be searchable too.

Sweet Nectar Kolsch.pdf 325.08 kB · 1 download

w660_210903_20138_rotm_sweetnectarkolsch_apr_520x285.jpg.64adefe023f788750d44743ea492dd67.jpg

Raw Honey in Beer in limited amounts as a fermentable is a taste sensation. 

Loving the Aztec Warrior brew I keep carping on in here, to easy & great summer brew.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

f%$k yeahh, so glad i did a search for kolsch today, theres another recipe ive been plotting on lately but havent been able to find helga hops yet (although i have found the altnative hallertau varieties). maybe i'll end making both ? i do enjoy the kolsch style a lot 😉

quick question though ? if i wanted to make a 23 litre version what would be a good substiture for the Mr Beer Golden Ale (1.3kg)

or would i just have to double up on all the recommended ingredients to keep it true

Edited by amberfiend

On 9/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, amberfiend said:

f%$k yeahh, so glad i did a search for kolsch today, theres another recipe ive been plotting on lately but havent been able to find helga hops yet (although i have found the altnative hallertau varieties). maybe i'll end making both ? i do enjoy the kolsch style a lot 😉

quick question though ? if i wanted to make a 23 litre version what would be a good substiture for the Mr Beer Golden Ale (1.3kg)

or would i just have to double up on all the recommended ingredients to keep it true

Hey. I’d probably have a crack at it with the Mexican Cerveza can. Maybe add something like a steep of a light crystal as well.

Its a great recipe. Drank really well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Hey. I’d probably have a crack at it with the Mexican Cerveza can. Maybe add something like a steep of a light crystal as well.

Its a great recipe. Drank really well.

im tempted to stick to the suggested ingredients but it will be an expensive one yeah. i just started the beekeeper recipe tonight with a slight deviation, and im pretty set on doing the helga kolsch also soon. cant help feel that i will do this also though 🙂 lol, although steeping some grains like you suggested sounds good, i intend to start a little stash of different grains soon so i open up the range of potential yeah, cant wait, by the time xmas comes around i should be sitting on a pretty decent stockpile of home brewed beers if i stay on course with this, already thinking ill end up buying a brewzilla of something similar as well..anyways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewBrews said:

There is a 23l Golden Ale recipe here that uses the Pale Ale as a base along with 200g crystal and some Amarillo hops.

That would go pretty close and would be a lot cheaper than making a double sized craft batch.

thanks a million newbrews, definitely keen to check that out, will be good to check out different ways to approach this but hopefully get similar results. will all add up to know how and experience eventually yeah 😉

• Like 1