Coopers Community

Specific Gravity - We Love It

Malter White

Arh yes Singapore AKA suck you poor!  At $17 a pint of draught beer at the city pubs it does not take long.

That is unless you head down into chinatown and be prepared to slurp on warm long necks for circa $8.

Langkawi much better value for a holiday as its a tax free haven.  Half litre cans of Calsberg beer at AU$1.98,  a 700ml bottle of Bundaberg rum AU$16.30 and a feed for two at road side restaurant AU$13 total.

Cheers - AL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Arh yes Singapore AKA suck you poor!  At $17 a pint of draught beer at the city pubs it does not take long.

That is unless you head down into chinatown and be prepared to slurp on warm long necks for circa $8.

Langkawi much better value for a holiday as its a tax free haven.  Half litre cans of Calsberg beer at AU$1.98,  a 700ml bottle of Bundaberg rum AU$16.30 and a feed for two at road side restaurant AU$13 total.

Cheers - AL

Fortunately Singapore was just a stopover for a tour of Vietnam and Cambodia, so we didn't get cleaned out to much. This is a photo from a bar in the same area. Even the happy hour prices are insane.

Screenshot_2020-04-26-15-08-15-38.jpg

6 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

I found the food in Singapore really affordable. Little India, Chinatown and any of the Hawkers were great value.

Same here, been a few times. Just don't eat in the hotels and restaurants. We get breakfast included wherever we stay. Hotel breakfasts are incredible. That's us done til dinner time, we take some rolls and muffins from breakfast in case we get hungry.

Any of the food halls are really good and cheap. Boon Tat St is pretty awesome. They close off the st in the CBD after hours, and the hawkers BBQs take over. Great seafood, some of the best satays, curries etc at good prices.

Edited by Lab Cat
  • Like 1

You should have gone to Brewerkz. I went to the one at Riverside Point and saw one somewhere just off Orchard Rd. They have some nice beers there. Not cheap as any beer in SG but I'd rather pay 16 bucks for a craft beer than for a VB.

IMG_6248.thumb.jpg.74f6efd6198ec35a8d09707cfee181da.jpg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

You should have gone to Brewerkz. I went to the one at Riverside Point and saw one somewhere just off Orchard Rd. They have some nice beers there. Not cheap as any beer in SG but I'd rather pay 16 bucks for a craft beer than for a VB.

IMG_6248.thumb.jpg.74f6efd6198ec35a8d09707cfee181da.jpg

We didn't drink at the bar from which the pictured price list was from. I merely took the photo to show how crazy their prices were. Convenience stores were reasonably priced for takeaways. I remember drinking Hoegaarden at one restaurant because it was on special, about $11 for a large glass from memory.

• Haha 1