Coopers Community

Hi all

Mickey123

Hi All

My name is Mick and I am new to this game and have my first coopers beer on the go, can anyone tell me if there is an on line tool that can calculate the strength of my beer. I watched a coopers video and it said there is one on the coopers club page but I cant find it. 

many thanks

This may help some for future brews. Down the left (shaded cells) you can drop the list down for choices. (click in the cell for the arrow to appear) Choose amounts etc. and it will do reasonably accurate calcs for you.

Also you can choose which yeast in the box to the right. There's a heap of Notes that will help on the Notes tab at bottom and you can add grains you use into that sheet as well. Always work on a copy so if you mess up and the macros stop working you can go back to the original.

Kit & Extract Beer Designer V4.1.xls

7 hours ago, Titan said:

Welcome to the forum Mick. There are many tools on the internet. You need to know the OG original gravity and FG final gravity. Try this link https://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/ 

Good brewing.

Adding on from Titans advice I find another brewers friend tool awesome especially when you are taking readings at the start of your fermenting and can not be overly bothered to get the tester temp 100% correct with 20 degrees.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/hydrometer-temp/

18 hours ago, Journeyman said:

This may help some for future brews. Down the left (shaded cells) you can drop the list down for choices. (click in the cell for the arrow to appear) Choose amounts etc. and it will do reasonably accurate calcs for you.

Also you can choose which yeast in the box to the right. There's a heap of Notes that will help on the Notes tab at bottom and you can add grains you use into that sheet as well. Always work on a copy so if you mess up and the macros stop working you can go back to the original.

Kit & Extract Beer Designer V4.1.xls 1.11 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks, it looks a bit complicated but I will

18 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Kit & Extract Beer Designer V4.1.xls 1.11 MB · 3 downloads

thanks for that, it looks a bit complicated but I will work it all out over time