Coopers Community

Show us ya Mullet 🤣🤣

Red devil 44

So lads, happy Easter, hope everyone Is well.

Thought I’d lighten things up a little given the situation we are all in with Covid-19.

So, show us yer mullet past or present, let’s have a walk down memory lane and a laugh, I’ll go first.

Circa 1991, 21yrs old, passport photo 🤣🤣

BE70937E-6864-407A-9F0B-CD078CE3A7AB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

meathead.jpg

Sometime in the mid 1970's, I invented the mullet although in those days I called it a 'meathead'.  I was 16 maybe.  Still had all my teeth.  That is no longer my good side.  

The snot rocket is actually a fault in the photo developing, but given the sort of lad I was, maybe not.  Probably inspired by Bon Scott.  

• Haha 6

Resized_20191228_151139.jpg

My missus snapped me having a quiet Kosciuszko Pale Ale at Thredbo a couple of days after Christmas last year. Not quite as magnificent as the mullets I had when I was younger. These days it's long all over, but given the thinning at the front and the fact I push it back away from my face, it could probably still pass for a mullet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I reckon Red Devil looks like he is Neighbours cast member.  He's got that Robinson look about him  😁  Looks like he might be off to Lassiters for a bevvy.

Shamus looks like he grew up in Bayswater.  He should be revving a Gemini (saving up for a Commodore but).

While Instigator has a touch of God about him or maybe Dr Grace...

ahtUCq5.png

God:  Oh, don't grovel!  If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people groveling.
King Arthur: Sorry.
God: And don't apologize! Every time I try to talk to someone, it's "I'm sorry" this, and "forgive me" that, and "I'm not worthy"...

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, James of Bayswater said:

I reckon Red Devil looks like he is Neighbours cast member.  He's got that Robinson look about him  😁  Looks like he might be off to Lassiters for a bevvy.

Shamus looks like he grew up in Bayswater.  He should be revving a Gemini (saving up for a Commodore but).

While Instigator has a touch of God about him or maybe Dr Grace...

ahtUCq5.png

God:  Oh, don't grovel!  If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people groveling.
King Arthur: Sorry.
God: And don't apologize! Every time I try to talk to someone, it's "I'm sorry" this, and "forgive me" that, and "I'm not worthy"...

Yeah I think I was after the Guy Pearce look back then James 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Is that a sock down below Muzz ? 🤣🤣

That's purely all Muzziness.

I was offered a role in the prequel to the Paul Mercurio movie Strictly Ballroom. They were going to call it Strictly No Ballroom.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

This is definitely one of the funnier topics. 
I might go to Collie next week for exercise and see if I can snap some locals. In Collie, they just call it a haircut. 

It is the lawn mowing principle Captain.  You tidy up around the front for appearances sake, leave the back as it is and go have a beer. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A contender steps up.  @BlackSands, avatar updated due to in lockdown?

Yup!  A lockdown photo taken on my 60th birthday last week.    I'm in desperate need of a haircut, it's been a while now, but I can assure you it won't be a home-cut mullet!  😁

On 4/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, MartyG1525230263 said:

Never rally had a mullet. ... This is me in May 1980. . 

Me 1980-05-02.JPG

Taking the lead from a prior post by @Red devil 44.  Definitely no sock or "all Martyness" there hey Marty.

Sorry just could not help myself.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers - AL

• Haha 2