Coopers Community

Inkbird WiFi

UncleStavvy

I don't think so Uncle, 

I bought an ITC-308 off eBay on 29 March.  It arrived yesterday which was a little late but I was quite happy given the circumstances.  They are still being advertised with an estimated delivery time of about a week.  The item was listed as coming from Regent's Park in Sydney  and delivered to my place in Bayswater, east of Melbourne.

I am confused.   Where do you live ?     Your location isn't on your profile.   Opening post says freight 'out of Victoria' . 

Mine came through the Sunshine depot too but it was enroute to Bayswater on the other side of Melbourne.  

After a bit of detective work I figured out that Uncle is in Adelaide and his Inkbird is in the Australian Post depot in Sunshine in Melbourne's west.  
It seems strange ( and a bad case of double handling ) if that is routine for deliveries from Sydney to Adelaide but at least you know it is on its way.

Edited by James of Bayswater
additional info

12 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

I am confused.   Where do you live ?     Your location isn't on your profile.   Opening post says freight 'out of Victoria' . 

Mine came through the Sunshine depot too but it was enroute to Bayswater on the other side of Melbourne.  

After a bit of detective work I figured out that Uncle is in Adelaide and his Inkbird is in the Australian Post depot in Sunshine in Melbourne's west.  
It seems strange ( and a bad case of double handling ) if that is routine for deliveries from Sydney to Adelaide but at least you know it is on its way.

Auspost tracking is a joke. Usually it gets scanned in at one place then you get nothing at all until it arrives. If you have a MyPost account you might get a notification that it will be arriving 'today.' And sometimes it does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

At least you didn't get it sent from Adelaide to 10 minutes down the road then to Darwin and back...😂

I had a package leave Brisbane, got to Melb, then sent back to a place 80 kms from where it originated and it sat there for 3 weeks until I stood at the counter in Bendigo and got the staff to track it. THEN suddenly they got the right address and I got it 2 days later. And both Sender and my address were correct and clearly written.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

They're pretty good most of the time but when they stuff it up they really go the extra mile and make a complete SNAFU 😂

Ebay deliveries are the worst - you can track a package out of Hong Kong less than 2 days after you buy it, then AusPost takes 3 - 4 weeks to get it from Sydney to you.

I have had one reason to complain in many dozens (even hundreds) of deliveries.  The problem was resolved to my satisfaction within 24 hours and when the issue was explained to me it was fully understandable how the mistake had been made.   I don't doubt that others experiences may not have been as good as my own but I have always enjoyed outstanding service from Australia Post.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

My Coopers online store deliveries usually go from Brisbane to Melb and then to Adelaide. I'm assuming they know what they're doing and it's efficient.

I finally got around to settling in to read the manual.  Even put my reading glasses on.  5 minutes later the Inkbird is plugged in and operating and passing all the tests I can throw at it.

Right now it is hooked up to the craft fermenter in the Light and Easy box where I have been experimenting with a sacrificial Woolies Draught  but I have fired the fridge up and will get a Real Deal ale in the big bucket over the weekend.

Stavvy's unit is not likely to show up until after Easter but I hope he reports when it does.  

• Like 2