Coopers Community

Who keeps their Fermentation Vessel on top of a washing machine?

pilotsh

With apartment living and big windows the only place I will be able to store my FV that has a consistent-ish temperature is the bathroom on top of the front-load washing machine.

We wash with cold water, and I'll secure the FV from falling, so this question is just focusing on the vibrations effect on fermentation?

Has anyone fermented or kept their FV on top of a washing machine and how did it turn out? 🙂

Well, you might want to time it so you have a few days at the end where you are NOT using the machine so the brew can settle. 😄

Other than that I can't think of any reason the yeast might be concerned about being Carol King'd. 😄 

17 hours ago, pilotsh said:

With apartment living and big windows the only place I will be able to store my FV that has a consistent-ish temperature is the bathroom on top of the front-load washing machine.

We wash with cold water, and I'll secure the FV from falling, so this question is just focusing on the vibrations effect on fermentation?

Has anyone fermented or kept their FV on top of a washing machine and how did it turn out? 🙂

The fermentation should be fine. Just don't bottle the day after you did a wash. Give it a couple of days for the trub to settle. You don't want a humungous amount of sediment in the bottles. 

• Like 1