Coopers Community

Hop suggestions for an IPA?

Hi all,

After suggestions for hops (and amount) for Coopers IPA tin please.

My usual is the tin, 1kg LDM, some grains, have used many hops in past but after something new.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SteveL

G'day SteveL. 🙂

The Coopers DIY team have developed quite a few IPA's. Their "Hop Slam" versions have become quite popular. (see linky below)

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipes?page=0&fR[beer_style][0]=IPA&fR[volume_range][0]=18-25L&nR[alcohol_content][<%3D][0]=7&is_v=1

Take the time to look at the flavour & aroma descriptions listed in each version as it will help you to decide on a version that suits what you are after.

I've made a couple of them & both were terrific.

Cheers & good luck with whatever you decide to put down.

Lusty.

• Like 2

Thanks Lusty, have made a few of those myself and really enjoyed them, the last was the Bramling Cross version.

Have also done IPA with moteuka and a couple of others, leaning towards trying mosaic for the first time with the next one,

Cheers!

Edited by SteveL
  • Like 1

Mosaic is one of my favourite hops. I developed a really nice Amber Ale recipe around it. It works really well (IMHO) off of a citrus based hop. The current Coopers IPA kit reportedly uses cascade prominently in it's mix that should work well with a flameout steep of Mosaic in conjunction with a 50gm+ dry hop of it as well.

I admit I haven't brewed with the new American orientated IPA kit, but many other brewers are very complimentary of it.

Cheers & good luck with the planned brew.

Lusty.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Mosaic is one of my favourite hops. I developed a really nice Amber Ale recipe around it. It works really well (IMHO) off of a citrus based hop. The current Coopers IPA kit reportedly uses cascade prominently in it's mix that should work well with a flameout steep of Mosaic in conjunction with a 50gm+ dry hop of it as well.

I admit I haven't brewed with the new American orientated IPA kit, but many other brewers are very complimentary of it.

Cheers & good luck with the planned brew.

Lusty.

Many, many thanks for the insights...much appreciated!!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1