Coopers Community

Good Beer Week, Melbourne.

Malter White

I booked some flights to Melbourne for mid-May to hopefully watch some footy. But the way the world is currently it's not looking likely there'll be any footy.

I'm hoping Good Beer Week will be the saviour of my trip and give me some entertainment while I'm there.

Anyone been before? Any suggestions?

35 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Never been to Melbourne and never will........

I'm curious why you'd think this way. I think it's a great city. Obviously I like Aussie Rules which makes me partial to it but it also has lots of other stuff going on and a rich history.
Not sure I could live there though. Even little old Adelaide is starting to get too busy for my liking. I'm counting down the years until I can retire with a tree-change.  🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I booked some flights to Melbourne for mid-May to hopefully watch some footy. But the way the world is currently it's not looking likely there'll be any footy.

I'm hoping Good Beer Week will be the saviour of my trip and give me some entertainment while I'm there.

Anyone been before? Any suggestions?

Hi Muzzy, I barely know what tomorrow holds. let along mid-May.  However, keep in touch.  If you end up over in Melbourne, I would love to catch up.

Cheers Shamus

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Muzzy, I barely know what tomorrow holds. let along mid-May.  However, keep in touch.  If you end up over in Melbourne, I would love to catch up.

Cheers Shamus

I was actually going to ask if you have a room spare, Shamus. LOL
Oddly enough, looking at the member map, you and James of Bayswater aren't far from where I have family living in SE Melb. They are in Boronia, Rowville, Berwick & Lysterfield.
The initially planned trip is myself and a few mates to get over and see some footy and drink but, as you say, we don't even know what tomorrow holds with this COVID crap.
I'll definitely message you if time (and memory) permits it and if we actually get to Melbourne, which is possibility we might not yet.

PS. If we get the chance to catch up, bring a sack. We'll do a raid on @James of Bayswater's community garden. 😄 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1